WinCert Forums

NIM

Dear fellow board members,

We are very proud to announce that we have passed our administration team's goal of reaching 1000 valid members, to celebrate; we think that we should discuss a possible new forum structure on WinCert.

We are aware that with such a diverse group of knowledgeable members, we should better accommodate our active and supportive members that have helped WinCert become what it is today. Furthermore we will be taking suggestions on forum structure, such as addition or deletion or closing of certain forums.

Every suggestion will be taken into consideration.

Thank you,

WinCert administration team.

• 1 month later...
Dear fellow board members,

We are very proud to announce that we have passed our administration team's goal of reaching 1000 valid members, to celebrate; we think that we should discuss a possible new forum structure on WinCert.

We are aware that with such a diverse group of knowledgeable members, we should better accommodate our active and supportive members that have helped WinCert become what it is today. Furthermore we will be taking suggestions on forum structure, such as addition or deletion or closing of certain forums.

Every suggestion will be taken into consideration.

Thank you,

WinCert administration team.

Congratulations on the 1000+ membership milestone! I am happy to be one.

Its funny that I found this topic, as I was just sorting through the forum titles trying to find an appropriate place for two questions that I would really like to ask, but can not find anywhere that looks to be the proper place for them.

I have a question regarding svcpack addons, nlite and RyanVM's Integrator, but in the unattended section there is no general discussion area. I would very much like to engage some of the brilliant people here in conversation about the various nuances that either method employs. I would also love to figure out how to use Kel's WPI. Perhaps I should be looking for that information in the official forums created for those softwares, but as you mentioned there is a diverse group of knowledgeable members here. I am inclined to think that the discussion regarding these softwares might be more open and members might express themselves with less bias here, as opposed to what a person might experience at the 'official' forums for these apps.

I also have a question/comment about RyanVM's forum, but I cant find an appropriate place to ask that question either. I am afraid that I will have to pm one of the mods to find out more on that one.

In any case, thanks for being here and for having me as a member. I hope that my input is of some use here, on this topic as well as in general. :welcome:

I've renamed the current Addon Requests forum to Addons Discussion and its description says it all. Anything is allowed there :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers!

Thanks! :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...

N1K, I was browsing the 'member projects-addon discussion forum' and I thought I would make a suggestion regarding a modification to a couple of topics that some people may find useful

There is a "complete list of wincert.net addons' topic and a "complete list of service-pack addons' topic, both of which contain dozens of member contributions. I was thinking that it would be nice if these 'complete list' topics could give some current status information with the listing.

What I mean to say is that with the individual contribution listings there would also be "date added", "new", or a "last revised and/or updated" icon and/or text notation to go with the name of the contribution.

Kel, Rick, and the other addon developers often have their major new releases and/or updates 'pinned' at the top of the forum with 'date revised' and version #, but I think it would be nice if all of the listings had this(in the complete list topic).

My reasoning is that when a member or a guest comes back to wincert.net to dl an addon or check for an updated version, the information would be more acessable to them. Many times I have found the need to click through the 'complete list' links to check version numbers and to look for updates.

This way a member can see at a glance if there is some new activity with a favorite addon or quickly spot a new addition to the growing list of contributions without getting bogged down searching through the listings, waiting for pages to load and then realizing that they already have the current version.

I know that listing the extra information would be alot of work, especially since the lists are so long already. As well, the regular contributors would have to spend extra time updating their listings, which might be a drag for them. So I do see that it would be a task to make the change, but I thought I would point this out a something to think about.

In my opinion, it would enhance the impression of fresh activity constantly taking place, underscoring the topics as a work in progress. It would also serve as markers/badges for people like Ricktendo64 that show how much he contributes and how often he does so, as he seems to contribute tirelessly to the lists.

I dont know if you have looked through the list by Radu, "all 270 addons", but when I look at the date stating "last update approx 3-4 months ago" I get the sense that 'I have already been there and done that' and the list has nothing new to offer. I think that having some sort of date system would offer our lists a sense of relevance, as opposed to the sense that the project is winding down, which is something I get from Radu's description

I think in essence I am trying to describe a way to make the add-on section of wincert.net seem current, and exciting by eliminating the need to search, sort and compare member contributions, as well as through making it simple for the user to realize the value and quality of the contributions that are posted here.

Then again, there may be more to the picture than meets the eye. I may have been going on about an idea that makes no sense at all, but I thought I would point this out to you in an effort to help improve the member experience.

Or maybe not....just a thought.

Regards, Randall McNally :welcome:

That's a very good idea McNally. We'll see what will other members say about this.

Unfortunately, I'm not the one who's posting addons, but I agree with this idea if that's not to much trouble for addon makers. (I hope it isn't).

Also, Wolf can make small pictures or icons so complete list is more informative (like new, updated, etc.)