Hotfixes from hotfixshare.net sites cannot be installed!

oguz

Hi, (@especially Legolash2o)

When i try to install the most downloaded and important hotfixes from the thehotfixshare.net -> "Language Neutral Windows 7 Hotfix Downloads" to system, i have got an error message: "Update are not valid for your system". It does not accept the installation!

Some of these hotfixes that cannot be installed are Windows6.1-KB925681, Windows6.1-KB976422, Windows6.1-KB976586, Windows6.1-KB977178, etc.

Only a few hotfixes can be installed. These are: Windows6.1-KB2624899, Windows6.1-KB2555428, Windows6.1-KB2496820.

System is Win7-x64 and fully updated from the "Only Windows Update site."

What could be the problem? :g:

Edited by oguz

I've just checked all of the 'update.mum' files and they are for RTM (7600) and NOT SP1 (7601). Some of those updates are 3 years old.

Yes, the system is SP1 7601.

In this case can we say that the installation of the hotfixes that has no problem (for installation) will improve the system?

Finally, is it logical to look for up to date (2012 or 2013 dated) hotfixes for SP1 on hotfixshare.net?

Thank you.

Edited by oguz

I just tend to stick with McRip, as I think he does all that anyway :)

Honestly McRip updates are a little scary!

Because there are many recommend and optional hotfixes on McRip's update server. I think it may not be right to integrate all these hotfixes to a SP1 7601 system. Even the "recommended" hotfix number is more than 100!

What do you think?