My Personal Image Integration Process

compstuff

Concerning my initial post, it appears that version 1.4.1.21 had a bug in the AIO Add Updates and Subfolders feature.  Using 1.4.1.22, I was able to add the entire IE10 structure to the build. Assuming it went first in the sequence, what seemed complex is relatively easy if the tool is working. 

Sorry for distraction.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Great guide! I was wondering around to solve some doubt and it solved'em all except one:

If I have one ISO with 5 windows images (win x86 starter to ultimate) and make the integration selecting them all, it has to integrate the updates 5 times, even if files are the same? Its taking 6+ hours on a fast computer (and it has only completed half the process), and I'm afraid that troubleshooting by myself would require a too big waiting.

What I mean is, if I only choose for instance Windows 7 Pro image in the first step, will changes be performed on a windows 7 ultimate install?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this is indeed a really nice post.

I am new to the IT side of the IT industry.

I would like to begin customizing images in order to speed up the installation processes in my work place.

I work in a small computer repair shop and I am doing a lot of OS re-installs on new hard drives due to failed customers hard drives.

Once the install is complete I then start doing the service packs updates, software updates, driver updates.

Some of which I am using a combination of wsusoffline updates and Microsoft updates link.

I have personally found that drivers from the laptop make and model work best and are more stable as opposed to using drivers from Driver Pack. 

Once this has been completed I then proceed to install all of the RunTime medias and any other addons such as Google Chrome, Firefox, iTunes and so on.

After the OS is complete I then activate Windows using the customers Product Keys or their newly purchased Product Keys.

Here is my problem.

all of this is taking hours per laptop to complete even though much of this is automated requiring little interaction.

I would like to customize my own images to include the most recent service packs, updates, drivers for make and model of laptop that the OS is being installed including the RunTime medias and any other addons.

I do understand that this too will take time to prepare but it will safe a huge amount of time per laptop OS install.

Since I am new to this I could really use your help to get started.

I have subscribed to this Forum and I have as well made a nice donation after seeing the quality of IT information in this Forum.

I have started with the download of the WinToolkit_1.4.32.

If you have created a youtube video of your process that would also be helpful.

Thank you.

... I ... will try to ... update my techniques with the newer tools.

With the changes in Win Toolkit, I'm looking forward to your updated tutorial of how to use the new download methods, along with KUC, to get a fully updated source, in the easiest and most automated way possible.

Cheers and Regards

• 3 weeks later...

... I ... will try to ... update my techniques with the newer tools.

With the changes in Win Toolkit, I'm looking forward to your updated tutorial of how to use the new download methods, along with KUC, to get a fully updated source, in the easiest and most automated way possible.

Cheers and Regards

Well I started my testing yesterday and ran into soo many issues and problems... it's like relearning this all over again  :doh: it will take me a bit to rethink things but I will get on it today and hopefully see some progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Well this has been a LOT more of a challenge than I thought... unfortunately I ran into issues with every tool and every method I tried. Some, like the office update problem I had took me almost a week to work out... so the bottom line is this is going very slow for me. In the interim I have been working more and more with KUC, DISM and now sysprep. When I start to make sense of this all I will report back.... didn't want people to think I forgot  :type: