Bug in WinTookKit

crashfly

I have a possible issue/bug with WinToolKit.  I am using 1.4.1.15_test15.  I was attempting to integrate just updates into a source.  The first update listed is KB2670838.  On the status bar, it says "Image 1 of 1" with no green showing on the bar.  It has been stuck in this mode for at least an hour (even after attempting to cancel the integration).  Any ideas?  Integration ini included below.

-----------

After further testing and another post, it does not matter what prerequisites are integrated, WinToolKit stops as the first one and does not appear to continue.  Just basic updates integration and nothing else.

Updates.ini

Coming right up. (As I left it running for a very long time.)  Please note that this is on a fresh installation of Windows 7 (had a power supply crash) with no antivirus (yet) or any other programs installed.  Literally just the basics.

post-11322-0-82494100-1360455449_thumb.p

Yes, it appear to have mounted the images.  It also show information about integrating the first prerequisite for about 20 seconds.  Then, it has been stuck at the screen you see attached above.  It would not even properly cancel (at least not soon enough for me, because I have no idea how long it would take to cancel).

With your power supply crash, any chance that your host OS, motherboard, or HDD got damaged in any way that could be contributing to the problem?  Maybe even corrupted your source or other Win Toolkit files?  Just a thought.

Cheers and Regards

Not to cause this problem bphlpt. I have tested everything out. The OS is now stable (after a reinstall), and there does not appear to be any other issues. I have "reloaded" the source files before starting the integration. This is a consistent problem even back to earlier test versions. I have not attempted a stable version yet (although I probably should try that). WinToolKit will consistently freeze up right at the first update file.

Edit: Further testing reveals that this problem does not occur using the latest "stable" version 1.4.1.14. It is currently working on updates now.

Edit 2: The "stable" version 1.4.1.14 took 2h 17m even on an SSD.  Not sure what is up with that, but at least the stable version works.  Still cannot get the test version to work.

Edited by crashfly

That's very similar to what I had reported here: http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/10939-warning-14115-test5-experimental/page-3#entry95295

Here's my .ini: 

*AIO#UpdatesE:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Updates\McRip Windows 7 x64\Additional\IE10ReleasePreview\Updates\Windows6.1-KB2786081-x64.msuE:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Updates\McRip Windows 7 x64\Additional\IE10ReleasePreview\Prerequisites\Windows6.1-KB2726535-x64.msuE:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Updates\McRip Windows 7 x64\Additional\IE10ReleasePreview\Prerequisites\Windows6.1-KB2729094-v2-x64.msu#OptionsCompatibility CheckCreate BackupsEnable CMDForce UnsignedIntegrate 'HDC' Drivers (boot.wim)Integrate 'SCSIADAPTER' Drivers (boot.wim)Integrate 'SYSTEM' Drivers (boot.wim)LDR-QFE ModeLog Registry ChangesPrepare DriversPrompt AddonsPrompt DriversPrompt GadgetsPrompt SilentPrompt ThemesPrompt UpdatesPrompt WallpapersRebuild ImageShow Browse DialogShow Duplicates

Edited by compstuff

It "could" be a similar issue, except that I do not have any strange characters in my path.

Since using the last 'stable' version to install the updates, I redid my OS again with that version.  Everything appeared to work properly.  I will "test" the test version again to see if reinstalling the OS corrected whatever issue there was.  If everything works, then the problem may have been on the exclusive ISO that I used.