McRip update list bug still present

scifimike12

I posted a while back regarding that some of the files are being put in the old folder despite being recent and on McRip's server.  The only version of Win Toolkit that doesn't do this is v1.4.0.77.  By any chance could this get addressed?  I really don't want to go and download each file individually.   :o

Edited by scifimike12

Refer to my previous post.  v1.4.0.77 grabs the entire update list correctly from McRip's server.  Every version after that has incorrectly marked some of the files as being older and put them in the old folder.  The best way to describe this is to download all of McRip's files from Win Toolkit v1.4.0 [stable] v1.4.0.77 and then transfer them over to the v1.4.1.14 folder.  The one issue right now is that McRip has changed his server so v1.4.0.77 doesn't detect it.  

The one issue right now is that McRip has changed his server so v1.4.0.77 doesn't detect it.  

Just tested: if I start 1.4.0.77 it says"KUC and McRip servers are offline"; with 1.4.1.14 and 1.4.1.15_T15 are both online!

So you both agree!

Cheers and Regards

As verified v1.4.0.77 can't be used for this any longer so how are you verifying that this problem still exists?

Refer to my previous post.  v1.4.0.77 grabs the entire update list correctly from McRip's server.  Every version after that has incorrectly marked some of the files as being older and put them in the old folder.  The best way to describe this is to download all of McRip's files from Win Toolkit v1.4.0 [stable] v1.4.0.77 and then transfer them over to the v1.4.1.14 folder.  The one issue right now is that McRip has changed his server so v1.4.0.77 doesn't detect it.  

As verified v1.4.0.77 can't be used for this any longer so how are you verifying that this problem still exists?

I have all of my updates backed up prior.  I simply copied them over to v1.4.1.14 (and v1.4.1.15_T15) and when I tried checking for any new updates it sorted some of the wrong files in the old folder.  Another example is to check McRip's two servers and compare what he has versus what Win Toolkit download.  Update Changelog.txt isn't downloaded, for example.

Windows 7 Updates:  http://hotfix2.cesidian.info/

Windows 8 Updates:  http://win8.cesidian.info/

I haven't done updates in the last few days because I am working on my projects but I definitely download the Update Changelog.tx every time I did my updates. Do you have the update catalog filter turned off?

I have all of my updates backed up prior.  I simply copied them over to v1.4.1.14 (and v1.4.1.15_T15) and when I tried checking for any new updates it sorted some of the wrong files in the old folder.  Another example is to check McRip's two servers and compare what he has versus what Win Toolkit download.  Update Changelog.txt isn't downloaded, for example.

Windows 7 Updates:  http://hotfix2.cesidian.info/

Windows 8 Updates:  http://win8.cesidian.info/

Hi,

same problem here some examples:

ie language pack

malicious software

malicious software definitions

dot.net framework 4.5 AIO

I made a update run this morning with mcrip

It seems that a folder cleanup is been done.

Workaround is to store the files outside the update directory or don't hit update mcrip ;)

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Do you have the update catalog filter turned off?

Turns out that was one of the issues.   :worthy:   Thanks!

But I was checking the folders/files on McRip's server and some of them still aren't downloading.  Some example folders are KB2772501, MSXML4, Silverlight, and Fixit under Windows 8 x64.

EDIT:  Arg..  after deleting the old folder Win Toolkit is downloading the correct files again.  I probably should have just deleted everything and started fresh.  *sigh*

Edited by scifimike12