Sandisk Extreme 3.0 32GB can't go on at install destination?

x23piracy

Hi,

i have a Sandisk Extreme 32GB 3.0 Stick here and i cannot bring it to boot my custom windows 7.

If i try the same procedure with an older 4GB USB 2.0 Stick it works.

Has anyone experience with the Sandisk Stick? I specialy bougth it to boot windows from :( argh...

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

first i tried with wintoolkit and the sandisk didn't boot.

then i tried the microsoft tool to create a usb stick, with that it boot but now i have a another mistake.

Setup will find all hdds but will not install to any of it the error message is:

I have to translate from german to english by myself...

Setup cannot create a new system partition or find an existing partition to install to...

But i see all the harddisks and i also can create or delete partitions on them but if i choose one

partition to install to i get the error message above... Damn i shouldn't bougth a usb 3.0 i should took a usb 2.0 one.

What a bull****... (related to usb 3.0)

I do the same procedure with an usb 2.0 stick anything works.

Greetz X23

Hi,

when i first boot with a prepared usb 2.0 stick and when the select partition dialog appears i switch the usb sticks

2.0 against 3.0 (Sandisk 32GB) it works no error message.

Maybe windows setup trys to install the bootloader on the sandisk stick instead of the hdd? Maybe winpe gives the

usb 3.0 a drive letter internally?

Greetz X23

Since the USB 3.0 Stick should be USB 2.0 compatible, does the same thing happen if you plug your USB 3.0 Stick into a USB 2.0 socket?  Because you might be having problems with USB 3.0 drivers not being available at setup.  But I would think that in a USB 2.0 socket it should work.  If it doesn't, to verify whether it is the USB situation or your build that is the problem, you could copy the EXACT same install that worked from your "older 4GB USB 2.0 Stick" onto your new "32GB 3.0 Stick" and see if that will install from the USB 2.0 socket.  If it does, then there is something wrong with your new build.

Cheers and Regards

Hi,

test is done i just copied the same contents from 2.0 to usb 3.0 stick and same error message.

So iam sure my build is ok and this problem is something special with that usb 3.0 stick.

2 possibilities i think:

- WinPE trys to install bootloader on the usb stick instead of hdd

- WinPE gives the USB 3.0 a wrong assigned drive letter?!

Any idea? :(

Greetz X23

2 possibilities i think:

- WinPE trys to install bootloader on the usb stick instead of hdd

- WinPE gives the USB 3.0 a wrong assigned drive letter?!

Assuming you wiped the USB and the build was the only thing on the stick, I can't see why either thing would happen. Very strange.

Cheers and Regards

I definitely don't know why you are having this odd problem but here are some further comments:

I have never been able to get the MS WIN7 USB tool to work with anything over a 4 gig stick

I never used the WinToolKit USB tool so I have no experience with it, I have been using Rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/

I have never used a USB 3 stick but I can't see why it would be a problem since you are on a USB 2 system

Maybe try Rufus and see if it changes the problem in anyway or maybe reformat the USB and start fresh again

Seems that i bougth the wrong stick, sometimes well known things seems to be better...

Hail to usb 2.0 :) Damn u USB 3.0 :bomb:

I need at least a 16GB Stick, my image with essential drivers, all the updates and sfx i need and sad2 is 9,22GB

If it would be possible to have the apps and sad2 externally i may can come under 4GB but i think Windows 7 pro

with every KB installed should break 4gb.

I only have 4GB sticks (a mass) and one single 32GB Sandisk extreme.

I get everything to work except the 32gb stick:

- External USB 3.0 WD 2TB - Working

- USB Stick USB 2.0 4GB Noname - Working

- MicroSD Card in normal SDcard Adapter in a USB Cardreader - Working

- External USB 3.0 Sandisk Extreme 32GB - NOT Working as explained above.

To make the 32GB Stick work i tried, Wintoolkit, Microsoft USB Stick Tool, Unetbootin and Rufus.

Booting will work with all the tool but in the moment i try to accept the hdd to install setup always tells

me it cannot create any partition or find one but i can see them all and i can create one or more but

it never accepts next to go on.

Is there a difference to the system if the usb device is detected as harddisk or usb stick?

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

you need to add in the usb3.0 drivers from driverpacks.net to your boot.wim. its looking for drivers for a usb 3 stick reguardless of it being plugged into a usb2 port.

some usb3 drives are seen as a ssd and you need the drivers to get them to work.

I might be headed down the wrong path for your problem but I'd start there.

Hi,

should i take the third party usb 3.0 dp or the origin chipset dp ?

mr_smartepants said: Most of these are already in DriverPack Chipset 12.02

Anyway i allready had the chipset dp 12.02 integrated into my test image.

Should i also integrate the third party usb 3 pakage?

What if a driver is allready in the image will it be replaced? or what will happen?

EDIT:

Well i said i allready had the chipset dp 12.02 integrated i didnt had the option

integrate usb drivers to boot.wim checked, it seems this is needed? :D

I can integrate the Stuff but i cannot test before monday, i have remote access to the machine

but its to much data to transfer to prepare the stick at home ;)

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Did you make the partition active on the USB 3.0 stick?  I had a similar issue on one that I used.  I used diskpart to clean and create the partition.  I just happened to skip the step of making that partition active on the USB stick.  Once I made the partition active, Win7 booted just fine.

Hi,

Did you make the partition active on the USB 3.0 stick?  I had a similar issue on one that I used.  I used diskpart to clean and create the partition.  I just happened to skip the step of making that partition active on the USB stick.  Once I made the partition active, Win7 booted just fine.

and again i don't have a problem with a non booting stick that works in all cases, i just cannot go on in the setup in the position of choosing the partition to install, i  can do anything i see every hd i can make partitions and delete them but i cannot click next... then setup tells me it cannot find or create any partition and this message is total bull****, must be another problem that cause this error message.

Greetz X23

Hi,

i've now integrated usb driver to boot.wim (Driverpacks.net Chipset Pack) but the same nevermind iam using

2.0 or 3.0 Interface the stick boots and later i cant go on in the partition to install chooose menu.

ARGH!

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Insert the flash drive Sandisk Extreme 3.0 on installation time to a USB 2.0 port and will not be a problem. The problem is missing drivers for the USB 3.0 controller before installing the system is not in the image of the system. Problem is not the stick.

Edited by wiktorynka

Hi,

Insert the flash drive Sandisk Extreme 3.0 on installation time to a USB 2.0 port and will not be a problem. The problem is missing drivers for the USB 3.0 controller before installing the system is not in the image of the system. Problem is not the stick.

the problem is the same at usb 2.0 ports, same error.

Someone told me that the system is also searching for usb 3.0 driver even if i use a usb 3.0 stick on a usb 2.0 port.

Also i have integrated all usb 3.0 drivers from the driverpacks.net chipset pakage into my boot.wim. Problem exists.

And again my problem is not that the stick doesnt boot it boot very well but i cannot pass the setup at the stage where i

select a partition to install windows 7 to. The setup tells me it cannot create or find any partition to install.

But i always see the harddisk and partition on any testsystem, i can create and delete partition but i can never klick

next, then the error message appears.

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy