[SOLVED] SAD2 without extraction?

x23piracy

Hi,

iam used to trigger SAD2 with setupcomplete.cmd but iam a bit pissed of the long time it needs to extract all the driver packs.

Is there a way to have them extracted allready so dpinst can work immediatelly?

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Hi,

yeah i know that readme but i didnt understand how to place the extracted data?

I thougth just extract each pack its folder... but that didnt worked.

There is no problem with space, sad2 should be placed on a netdrive 1gbit.

Greetz X23

SAD2 is good ... :thumbsup_anim:

you do not need to extract all the drivers, all you do is create a polder oem setup scrip and $1 D saad2 put all drivers extensi *7z there .. and wait saad2 extrak all the drivers ,,only 2-30minutes ..!!!depending on the speed of your computer !!! :tired: .. I just integrated the drivers using saad2 just 3menit .. than you integrate into the wim will take more than that... :sleeping_03anim:

If you use them only for win7, decompress every pack in separate folders, delete all folders named VISTA and SERVER, then recompress them with very fast compression (keep the folder structure), it will be much more quicker to decompress.

If that is true, then it might depend on your install medium, ie HDD vs SSD etc, how much Ram you have installed, whether you use a RAM disk, the speed of your RAM and CPU, how many drivers you are using SAD2 to process, and perhaps other things. I guess you'll have to try it and find out. And even if you find the optimal mix for your system, that doesn't mean that will be best for everyone.

Cheers and Regards

Hi,

how can i pass the stage of extraction with sad2? if i hold the directory structure and extract all the archives in their original folder (nt6) and run sad2 it doesnt find anything.

What i want is starting the batch at the place where is begins to search for installable drivers, also i dont want the D directory locally all should be run from a net drive.

Greetz X23

If you had read the instructions for SAD2 in the readme.txt you wouldn't have asked this question.

NT6\x64\
-Method-1: Extract the contents of all DriverPacks to the NT6\x64\D\ folder so that the folder heirarchy looks like this: \NT6\x64\D\*.  Method 1 will fail if the \NT6\x64\ folder contains any .7z DriverPacks.

Hi,

If you had read the instructions for SAD2 in the readme.txt you wouldn't have asked this question.

you are right, for some kind of reason i stopped reading the readme.txt after explaining method 2, why i dont know.

Sorry for the shame.

Greetz X23