[SOLVED] Integrate USB Driver to (boot.wim) how?

x23piracy

Hi,

i've a image where are a bunch of drivers integrated (Chipset, lan, wlan, cardreader, mass storage) about 660,

i've checked the option to integrate drivers to the boot.wim and made a new image but boot.wim is untouched nothing changed it just rebuilded the install.wim

So the question is is it needed to always load the drivers preset althougth i allready integrated them... at this time i didnt reload the drivers presets because iam afraid it reintegrates the driver while i allready did it (i hate to wait so long).

So what is the right way to have the drivers integrated into the boot.wim?

Must the the option been checked while iam going to integrate drivers the first time?

I hope not the last case is needed else i have to reintegrate the drivers all again... :(

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Just be sure the option is checked before you start the integration. Also I have also notice driver and add-ons not integrating with DISM when trying to integrate driver packs, add-ons and updates that were downloaded from the net using internet explorer. 

Right click the driver file in question and look at it's proprieties. Under the General Tab look just below the attributes for the file and click unblock. See screen capture for a visual.

EDIT: As compstuff mentions in the next post Alternate Stream view is also available for bulk unblocking.

FYI: NTFS Alternate Streams: What, When, and How To

27zlp4j.png

Edited by dotfusion

@dotfusion,

I'm curious. What did App/Tweak did you add that added the "Opens with" and "Security" sections to the General Tab of the Properties box? Any other useful goodies added?

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Hi,

i dont understand this unblock feature... i have never had problems with exe files from a different computer.

Well back to topic... i now test a reintegration of the drivers allready integrated with the option integrate usb to boot.wim.

Actually i can see it is a bit quicker, normal the drivers take 3 hours it looks like its faster know around 2 hours, i hope

dism is skipping allready integrated driver (i don't ant duplicates)... but when that also take a amount of time (no fast ass) :)

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

No tweak or app added. this is the default behaviour of my Win 7 SP1 (7601) [Vanilla] installation.

The only sell extensions I have are those of HashCheck and Open Cmd prompt.

@dotfusion,

I'm curious. What did App/Tweak did you add that added the "Opens with" and "Security" sections to the General Tab of the Properties box? Any other useful goodies added?

Cheers and Regards

takes 4 hours to rebuild my image from untouched Win 7 x64 SP1 (7601)

about 110 updates, ie9, windows update agent, about a dozen installers and about 16 tweaks and Black Vipers Tweaaked Services, and a few choice add-ons.

Edited by dotfusion

Hi,

i've a image where are a bunch of drivers integrated (Chipset, lan, wlan, cardreader, mass storage) about 660,

i've checked the option to integrate drivers to the boot.wim and made a new image but boot.wim is untouched nothing changed it just rebuilded the install.wim

So the question is is it needed to always load the drivers preset althougth i allready integrated them... at this time i didnt reload the drivers presets because iam afraid it reintegrates the driver while i allready did it (i hate to wait so long).

So what is the right way to have the drivers integrated into the boot.wim?

Must the the option been checked while iam going to integrate drivers the first time?

I hope not the last case is needed else i have to reintegrate the drivers all again... :(

Greetz X23

I mount only boot.wim in WinToolkit to add USB and MassStorage drivers... works perfect...

Regards... ;-)

Hi,

I mount only boot.wim in WinToolkit to add USB and MassStorage drivers... works perfect...

Regards... ;-)

thank but i reintegrated all drivers again with integrate boot.wim option, the boot.wim size has changed so i have them

included, but it will not with my usb 3.0 stick. Maybe is the 3.0 driver missing in the pack that i need.

Greetz X23

Use only right drivers for you hardware... you can backup your hardware drivers from Windows to integrate in boot.wim...

Regards... ;-)

p.d.: I use Drivers Backup Solution to get drivers from Windows... http://www.adia-project.net/news/43-dbs-drivers-backup-solution-v3921-stable-beta.html

Edited by alfreire

Hi,

Use only right drivers for you hardware... you can backup your hardware drivers from Windows to integrate in boot.wim...

Regards... ;-)

p.d.: I use Drivers Backup Solution to get drivers from Windows... http://www.adia-project.net/news/43-dbs-drivers-backup-solution-v3921-stable-beta.html

i don't create a personal unique image, its for corporate and should work universal ;)

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy