[SOLVED] Force unsigned DriverPacks.net?

x23piracy

Drivers that are signed can usually be identified by their driver.cat file.  

Forcing the integration of unsigned drivers means exactly that. You force the driver to be integrated regardless if it signed or not. However doing so can cause various issues during a windows install. It really depends on several factors.

Digital Signatures (Windows Drivers): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/windows/hardware/ff543743(v=vs.85).aspx

Edited by dotfusion

Hi,

yes but if i haven't checked the option to force unsigned and i integrate drivers then their status goes to green if everything went normal,

means that while force unsigned is unchecked that they are signed? in my understanding wintoolkit (dism) should skip them because the option

is off.

Greetz X23

Hi,

Which driver pack are you working with? Have you checked the log to verify that the drivers were in fact integrated and not just passed over.

iam using: DP_Chipset_wnt6-x64_1212

My boot.wim was growen before ~190mb now 201mb so something was integrated.

Under Logs i only find Mount Logs nothing with drivers. Do you mean the log that pops up after driver integration?

If that isn't saved automatically anywere then i also didn't saved it :) but afair it was looking good.

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

From what I can tell all the drivers in DP_Chipset_wnt6-x64_1212 are all signed. In essence the option to force unsigned drivers will have not effect because all drivers in the pack are signed. If for example you were to try an integrate a driver that was unsigned with the Force unsigned unchecked than DISM would throw out an error and pass over the driver. On the hand, with the Force Unsigned checked, would force DISM to integrate the unsigned driver regardless. Hope this helps in your quest for understanding.

am using: DP_Chipset_wnt6-x64_1212

My boot.wim was growen before ~190mb now 201mb so something was integrated.

Edited by dotfusion

• 2 weeks later...