Howto boot a Wintoolkit Image over PXE

x23piracy

Hi,

is someone or maybe two interested in a howto that describes howto boot a prepared image

created with wintoolkit over pxe to install it?

I have a working procedure and if you guys are interested i would write it down because it may help others.

Greetz X23

I am extremely interested and was going to request this... thanks

Hi,

is someone or maybe two interested in a howto that describes howto boot a prepared image

created with wintoolkit over pxe to install it?

I have a working procedure and if you guys are interested i would write it down because it may help others.

Greetz X23

Hi,

Need you ask?     :please:

yes because it's not finished after 5 minutes... i don't want to do things that are maybe useless

I will make that howto but don't slap me if that isn't finished that weekend.

Only in short:

- You need to reconfigure your DHCP Server

- You need a TFTP Server

- You need WinPE

- You need to prepare WinPE

and so and so on :)

QUESTION:

Where should i place this howto ? Which subforum

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

np, take your time and do it right.  As to where, I'd say just start a new thread here.  If it ends up being Win Toolkit specific, then Liam can move it where it is most appropriate, maybe here?  If it is more general, then may a mod will decide here is better.  The best thing is to just get one started when you can.

Cheers and Regards

I am soo busy with my own integration and work issues that I didn't check yet because I want to be able to concentrate when I do... but trust me I am really interested and will definitely get to it... Thanks very much

Just FYI, but if any of you own a fairly recent Synology NAS (I own an 109+) DiskStation, and they have just released DSM4.2, which has the ability to setup the NAS so it can be a PXE/TFTP server.  I haven't figured it out yet, but it seems to do a lot of the server work for you in one device.

That's awesome I have a DS212j

Just FYI, but if any of you own a fairly recent Synology NAS (I own an 109+) DiskStation, and they have just released DSM4.2, which has the ability to setup the NAS so it can be a PXE/TFTP server.  I haven't figured it out yet, but it seems to do a lot of the server work for you in one device.