KUC Server

Legolash2o

I have found the same.  Just nothing on it.  Komm is still updating his utility, but I don't know where it gets the files from, as I've never used it.

I would say get rid of it...

As a side note, I don't see either Komm or McRip doing this much longer.  Both of them ran out of patience with various issues and certain types of users many, many months ago.   I feel a Solor coming on...  Shame for some of us grateful users who depend on their expertise.

Edited by Stimpy

I personally use the KUC all the time and it works great so the fact that WinToolKit can't download from his server makes it pretty useless actually and just congests/confuses the option

I also wonder just how long both of these guys can keep up with this amazing resource they provide. It a daunting task and I can't fathom how much time they put into this.... add the contacts attacks they have both had and I can only say that I am sure it would have worn me down. It will be a great loss if we lose either of them

I have found the same.  Just nothing on it.  Komm is still updating his utility, but I don't know where it gets the files from, as I've never used it.

I would say get rid of it...

As a side note, I don't see either Komm or McRip doing this much longer.  Both of them ran out of patience with various issues and certain types of users many, many months ago.   I feel a Solor coming on...  Shame for some of us grateful users who depend on their expertise.

Hi everybody, my first post here.. I came here looking for the Win Toolkit and saw this thread.  Just thought I'd add some info: all the updates on komm's server are still there- they're just not visible, since he had to limit bandwidth usage several months ago.  Bandwidth usage had a huge spike and his ISP wanted to charge him a ridiculous amount monthly.  He then hid all the updates so only his KUC utility would have access to them.  He is still actively updating KUC and maintaining the updates on the server, but new releases for KUC had to be limited to once a month due to time contraints from more important activities IRL.

Unless someone can offer him server access where he wouldn't have to worry about bandwidth usage, I think the updates on his server will remain hidden, so his server might as well be removed as an option to download from.

While I realize it is not necessarily the purview of WinToolKit to look for Komm's download tool, maybe there should be an option to start up that tool for downloads from Komm's server.  Possibly a button to his website for the tool, then you can easily remove his server and let his tool take care of the downloads.