Language Bar

K'tar

Hi,

yes i also cannot find a solution, i have a reg file and have added it but still doesn't disable language bar:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]"ShowStatus"=dword:00000003

Greetz X23

I found an solution time ago... Load NTUSER.DAT and DEFAULT hives (from Image Mounted) with Regedit, and edit with:

[software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]"ShowStatus"=dword:00000003

Regards...;-)

Edited by alfreire

I use this registry file successfully:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]"ExtraIconsOnMinimized"=dword:00000000   "ShowStatus"=dword:00000003[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\MSUTB]"ShowDeskBand"=dword:00000000[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]"ctfmon.exe"=-

Hi,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]"ExtraIconsOnMinimized"=dword:00000000   "ShowStatus"=dword:00000003[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\MSUTB]"ShowDeskBand"=dword:00000000[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]"ctfmon.exe"=-

i can confirm this is working but whats the difference to alfreire's post?

What about the ctfmon thing, what does it?

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

So this works even when integrated offline?

Hi,

So this works even when integrated offline?

the reg file from my post #2 wasnt working offline maybe because the rest was missing?

I have to try that regfile later with offline integration and can report back.

EDIT:

Iam actually building the image so i can report back in ~2 hours

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Hi,

i can confirm this is working but whats the difference to alfreire's post?

What about the ctfmon thing, what does it?

Greetz X23

About ctfmon.exe:

Frequently asked questions about Ctfmon.exe

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599/en-us

Additional Information

Ctfmon.exe is the file that is responsible for controlling the Alternative User Input technologies. It starts the Language Bar component (in the Systray) and remains running in the background even after you quit an Office XP program. It also starts each time Windows is started and remains in the background, regardless of whether an Office XP program is started.

Ctfmon.exe is designed to continue to run in the background during Windows sessions after the Office XP Alternative User Input components are installed.

Hi,

i have it integrated a reg file tweak, i dont tried injected...

injected the reg file inside my image install.wim... what means that?

Greetz X23

That means we must mount the image install.wim and use reg.exe to load the NTUSER.DAT to integrate the registry key inside the hive loaded:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/160244-registry-hive/page__view__findpost__p__1022499

Very complicated stuff.

Wouldn't transforming a .reg file into a silent .exe and adding it to the silent installers sections in AIO, and then running it at first boot, woudn't this way solve the matter here more elegantly since the tweak he says that it works on live systems?

To transform a .reg into a silent .exe please use this app - just drag&drop the .reg file over the .exe inside the archive of that portable app, and it will transform that .reg into a .exe. :)

I was suggesting to ''integrate'' the tweaks as silent installers at first logon, when you can replicate a live system situation, and so making them work.

myselfidem, I get your point now, wasn't aware of that, hope you are right. In this manner alot of not working tweaks if directly integrated (as they are now) would hopefully work (in the way you describe). :)

That means we must mount the image install.wim and use reg.exe to load the NTUSER.DAT to integrate the registry key inside the hive loaded:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/160244-registry-hive/page__view__findpost__p__1022499

That's what I've tried to say here ...

I found an solution time ago... Load NTUSER.DAT and DEFAULT hives (from Image Mounted) with Regedit, and edit with:

[software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]

"ShowStatus"=dword:00000003

Regards...;-)

Regards... ;-)

Edited by alfreire

Yes, it's some kind of strange... maybe an argument to my theory that the language bar

is set with first logon of a user, afai can remember language bar appears after a first logon

with a bit of delay maybe another argument that the theory is correct.

If this i true it would be interesting what system component is causing that activation of

the language bar with the first logon process.

EDIT:

Found this:

Method # 2
Method # 1 should work most of of times but if it doesn't here is a sure-shot method involving un-registering the language bar component.

1. Navigate to Start > Run and type Regsvr32.exe /u msimtf.dll in the run dialog and press enter.
  2. Now, navigate again to Start > Run and type Regsvr32.exe /u msctf.dll and press enter.
  3. Reboot computer to see changes.

that is for XP but lets investigate if that allready is existing in windows 7

EDIT2:

cannot unregister something seems to block (use) the dll's

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

I load NTUSER.DAT and DEFAULT (not DEFAULT.DAT) hives (from Mounted Image) in Regedit to manually add "ShowStatus"=dword:00000003 in [software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]...

Regards...;-)

p.d.: I think so Win Toolkit added reg data only to NTUSER.DAT, but not in DEFAULT wich it's for ADMIN USER (or DEFAULT USER)...

post-27023-0-09619200-1362601417_thumb.j

Edited by alfreire

I load NTUSER.DAT and DEFAULT (not DEFAULT.DAT) hives (from Mounted Image) in Regedit to manually add "ShowStatus"=dword:00000003 in [software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]...

Regards...;-)

p.d.: I think so Win Toolkit added reg data only to NTUSER.DAT, but not in DEFAULT wich it's for ADMIN USER (or DEFAULT USER)...

Thanks alfreire...I will make some tests!

*Edit: However we can see on your image that the hive DEFAULT.DAT is loaded !?

Yes WinToolkit load the NTUSER.DAT and other hives...We can see that inside dism.log file.

Loading offline registry hive: SOFTWARE, into registry key '{bf1a281b-ad7b-4476-ac95-f47682990ce7}C:/WinToolkit_Mount/Windows/System32/config/SOFTWARE' from path '\\?\C:\WinToolkit_Mount\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE'.Loading offline registry hive: SYSTEM, into registry key '{bf1a281b-ad7b-4476-ac95-f47682990ce7}C:/WinToolkit_Mount/Windows/System32/config/SYSTEM' from path '\\?\C:\WinToolkit_Mount\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM'.Loading offline registry hive: SECURITY, into registry key '{bf1a281b-ad7b-4476-ac95-f47682990ce7}C:/WinToolkit_Mount/Windows/System32/config/SECURITY' from path '\\?\C:\WinToolkit_Mount\Windows\System32\config\SECURITY'.Loading offline registry hive: SAM, into registry key '{bf1a281b-ad7b-4476-ac95-f47682990ce7}C:/WinToolkit_Mount/Windows/System32/config/SAM' from path '\\?\C:\WinToolkit_Mount\Windows\System32\config\SAM'.Loading offline registry hive: COMPONENTS, into registry key '{bf1a281b-ad7b-4476-ac95-f47682990ce7}C:/WinToolkit_Mount/Windows/System32/config/COMPONENTS' from path '\\?\C:\WinToolkit_Mount\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS'.Loading offline registry hive: DEFAULT, into registry key '{bf1a281b-ad7b-4476-ac95-f47682990ce7}C:/WinToolkit_Mount/Windows/System32/config/DEFAULT' from path '\\?\C:\WinToolkit_Mount\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT'.Loading offline registry hive: ntuser.dat, into registry key '{bf1a281b-ad7b-4476-ac95-f47682990ce7}C:/WinToolkit_Mount/Users/default/ntuser.dat' from path '\\?\C:\WinToolkit_Mount\Users\default\ntuser.dat'.Loading offline registry hive: schema.dat, into registry key '{bf1a281b-ad7b-4476-ac95-f47682990ce7}C:/WinToolkit_Mount/Windows/system32/smi/store/Machine/schema.dat' from path '\\?\C:\WinToolkit_Mount\Windows\system32\smi\store\Machine\schema.dat'.Offline image is: writeable
Edited by myselfidem

Hi,

i have still no luck with removing the language bar.

If someone has managed that to work please explain exactly what you did

and if possible attach your reg files please.

Regards...;-)

I've done exactly this and it's not working for me.

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy