Option to disable prerequisites in AIO for advanced users

RicaNeaga

An advanced option for advanced users, so people can integrate updates in whatever fashion they want.

I for example prefer to rename IE10 installer and making sure it installs last, while making sure the prerequisites are present, but installed in the ''Microsoft'' special alphabetically order. With the current situation, I'm forced to integrate first the KB2xxxxx prerequisites, then IE10, then the rest of KB9xxxx and KB2xxxxx. Again, I prefer ALL KB9xxxxx first, then ALL KB2xxxxx, and only after all of this IE10.

But again, this is an advanced user targeted option, so by default please keep the prerequisites ''activated'' (the current way of doing things is perfect for beginners, with this hopefully small amendment). :)

Nope, just seems pointless. I'm guessing they all get installed in the correct order during Windows installation anyway. Besides, I don't want to risk people turning off the feature and then complain something didn't integrate despite the fact it does no harm what-so-ever leaving it on automatically.

You can sort them all alphabetically anyway and once you press 'Start', Win Toolkit will push IE9/10 to the bottom of the prerequisites automatically.

You can sort them all alphabetically anyway and once you press 'Start', Win Toolkit will push IE9/10 to the bottom of the prerequisites automatically.

From what you wrote, it would seem that however we sort the list, WinToolKit integrates in that order? (This is just for clarification.)

Ok, got your point. Now this request is turning into a suggestion - you can close the thread and move it to the solved area even if you won't solve it.

So my suggestion is like this - please consider implementing this with a warning when deselecting the option box - smth like ''DO NOT unselect this. Needed option for correct integration purposes. Uncheck it ONLY if you know what you're doing.'' This can scare begginers from unchecking it, and so they won't have reasons to complain afterwards.

I admit I don't have a very strong reason for asking this, only that I don't like installing those updates in that order, but rather in the more ''natural'' Microsoft alphabetical order, with KB9xxx first, then KB2xxx, and only after IE10.

And also, I don't like those updates always go to the top, even if IE10 isn't present in the integration queue in AIO.

rather in the more ''natural'' Microsoft alphabetical order, with KB9xxx first, then KB2xxx, and only after IE10.

I would think that this is indeed the "correct" order that Win Toolkit should always use when integrating updates.  I think any other order risks error.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks for the support, this has now just become a strong suggestion. :D

Seriously, Lego, please give me (and others) a way to install those updates in whatever fashion we want. Another idea - maybe the up/down arrows from AIO's interface can override the prerequisites and allow me to move some prerequisites and IE10 below KB9xxxx and some of the KB2xxxx. Please at least consider it. :)

Again, it's your call. If you think it's futile, and it takes a long time to implement, then it's ok if you don't solve my ''suggestion''. Again, I really would like to have the ability to install IE10 last, and the prerequisites in alphabetical order. No strong reason behing it, so you decide... :)

@Lego, Maybe if you would be so kind as to clarify the exact order of integration that would occur when you have IE10, KB9xxxx and KB2xxxxx updates, including KB2xxxxx prerequisites, all in AIO, regardless of the order they are displayed.  Maybe it is just a misunderstanding on our part.  As long as the integration order at install time is the "correct" one, as per our understanding of what we think that MS recommends, that is really all that is important.  I don't want the control, I sometimes don't know what the right way is anyway, even if I think I do LOL, I just want to minimize potential problems and have correct behavior at the end.

Cheers and Regards

• 2 weeks later...

At last a real reason - see here. :)

maybe something else is just wrong in Win Toolkit, this really doesn't matter however to this request. If such a removal of prerequisites filter would exist for advanced users, and we'd have the liberty to integrate the updates in whatever order we'd want, at least we could better troubleshoot situations like these.  :)