[SOLVED] Where can i find the right tweaks to disable these two settings in Startmenu?

x23piracy

Hi,

like the subject asks which is the right tweak and is there one?

xWpolnA.png

i found this in the tweaks

Ia9qxAq.png

but that is no enable disable option, i have to choose an amount

of items from to.

yTpUXYW.png

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Hi,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]"Start_TrackDocs"=dword:00000000"Start_TrackProgs"=dword:00000000 

is that also usable as HKLM?

I want it for the complete machine.

Greetz X23

It's about those two options:

Start_TrackProgs = Store and display recently opened programs in the Start menu

Start_TrackDocs  = Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/265-start-menu-customize.html

Regards

*Edit:

There is only one question and the OP was finding inside reg options (Start menu) to find those options!

But they are not inside WinToolkit options!

Edited by myselfidem

I think there are more than one question there Legolash2o.

The first one should be these options:

post-11322-0-76564000-1362673166_thumb.p

The second question relates to the enabling / disabling of jump lists.

Edited by crashfly

Hi,

Adding this registry file inside the mounted hive NTUSER.DAT works fine ! Tested !

that means open the registry like this?:

ZMlSAx1.png

Which is NTUSER.DAT? WIM_Default or WIM_Software?

Sorry iam a little bit confused with the names and right meanings... damn :(

PS @Lego that  window is to tiny and can't resized.

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

I tested successfully like this:

1 - Using this batch file:

REG_Hive.cmd

@echo offColor 0Arem adapt folder name, index and mounted folder to your needs !rem set the registry key (Tweaks.reg) inside the folder C:\DISM_Temp created previously.echo."C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /Wimfile:"C:\Win7_SP1\sources\install.wim" /index:1 /MountDir:"C:\work"echo.pauseecho.reg.exe load HKLM\WIM_Default "C:\work\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT"echo.pauseecho.reg.exe import "C:\DISM_Temp\Tweaks.reg"echo.reg.exe unload HKLM\WIM_Defaultecho.pauseecho."C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\work" /Commitecho.echo ==Appuyez sur n'importe qu'elle touche pour quitter==&pause>nul
Tweaks.reg
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00; Disable: Store and display recently opened programs in the Start menu; Disable: Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]"Start_TrackDocs"=dword:00000000"Start_TrackProgs"=dword:00000000
Edited by myselfidem

• 1 month later...

Great tweak. I'll add it in the tweaks requests thread, however divided in two, as only one (half) I find to be very useful - the one about recently opened docs.

I've firstly tried them both, but I get a half-blank start menu screen, because I also used the ''disable programs'' tweak. And I cannot make windows 7 behave like windows xp, and show all programs by default instead, at least not through tweaks. The only way is through a small app that always loads when windows starts, but this is not an elegant solution.

So I'll keep using the windows default setting when it comes to showing recently opened programs in the start menu. I prefer this by default instead of a blank screen. :)