Update

Legolash2o

Well firstly I will talk about what's changed in the recent versions and then give some updates in general. 

Changelog

I have been going through ALL of the error logs individually and have been fixing as many as possible. My main focus for the last couple of releases have been logs, logs, more logs and then the usual bug reports via the forum. 

If I haven't fixed your bug yet then give it a bump. Preferably with more details.
  • 1.4.1.16^FIX: Hopefully fixed detecting largest drive

Some logs contained errors trying to detect the largest drive when they first open up Win Toolkit. This was caused by some code trying to get a value which didn't exist in some causes. I have coded work arounds for this and haven't received a single log about it yet!

• 1.4.1.16^FIX: Fixed Office 2013 downloads

I added support for McRip Office 2013 downloads, however it was linked wrong. I correctly the link to use the one McRip sent me and all is well. Can't believe there is 200+ updates for Office 2013 already :/

• 1.4.1.16^FIX: Fixed some spelling mistakes in AIO Integrator

A user reported a spelling mistake, so I fixed it.

• 1.4.1.16^Removed KUC servers

After a quick discussion, the option to download from KUC servers have temporarily been disabled. The code is still there but imagine I've flicked an off switch.

• 1.4.1.16^Made some changes to Win Toolkit RunOnce

I can't remember precisely what these changes are, probably a bug fix lol.

• 1.4.1.16^Updated imagex to Windows 8 version (6.2.9200.16384)

A user told me that a newer version of Imagex is available, so i've updated to that one.

---

• 1.4.1.17^FIX: Fixed many spelling mistakes

I added a spell checker extension to Visual Studio which highlighted a lot. Probably haven't/seen them all, so there may be some left in.

• 1.4.1.17^FIX: Fixed Windows language pack integration

I can't remember this one for the life of me. I remember fixing it so it's detects if an LP has been integrated successfully or not, as they always showed green.

• 1.4.1.17^FIX: Fixed Internet Explorer EXE integration

Files got extracted but then accidently got deleted straight afterwards because i'm silly.

• 1.4.1.17^Not applicable updates go blue during integration

If you try to install an updated without another update which is needed, then it will turn blue. For example, integrating Internet Explorer 10 without the required updates.

---

• 1.4.1.18^FIX: RunOnce does not install duplicate entries

A user mentioned RunOnce installed duplicates, so I added code to fix this. There was a bug discovered which stopped auto installs but that has since been fixed in a newer version.

• 1.4.1.18^FIX: Fixed moving old silent installers.

If a user had the install.wim on the drive root (don't know why), then it will move EVERY file/folder on the partition and then delete them. This has obviously been fixed ASAP and has now been prevented from happening again.

• 1.4.1.18^FIX: Files could not be extracted if foreign character was in the file path

Updates with non-English characters did not get integrated as a folder required was not available and then caused an exception. Win Toolkit makes the folder before the 'File.Copy' request.

---

• 1.4.1.19^FIX: AIO Integration should now unmount properly if BIG error appears

If a major error appeared during integration which caused AIO Integrator to immediately unmount, it wouldn't unmount the registry hives first and try to amount. This of course would cause unmount errors. Registry hives are guaranteed to be removed if a major error occurred.

• 1.4.1.19^FIX: Fixed RunOnce not installing automatic files

Fixed the Silent Installers set to automatica from not being installed.

• 1.4.1.19^FIX: Online only updates will get added to silent installer automatically during integration

If an update can't be integrated offline during integration. It will turn peach and get added to the silent installers automatically. (0x800f082e pkgmgr errors)

• 1.4.1.19^FIX: Make ISO in WIM Manager will not disable browse box

If you select Make ISO via WIM Manager, the browse box would be disabled.

• 1.4.1.19^'Show Network Drives' in Options added

This allows you to browse network drives just in case your updates, drivers, etc... are stored on a mapped network. Requires your computer to be restarted.

Update failed detection

I have added code which detects common pkgmgr errors and in some cases, automatic work arounds. If Win Toolkit detects an unknown error, it will report it to you after integration.

0x800f0830: This is where the image has for some strange reason become unworkable. I'm not fully sure what causes it, but I do know that there's no point in continuing with the image so Win Toolkit will unmount/discard and try to continue with the rest of the images.

0x800f081e: An update required is not available or the update is not applicable to your image. As mentioned above, Internet Explorer 10 needs other updates to integrate properly. The update will turn blue in the list.

0x800f082e: These updates can't be integrated at all. Win Toolkit will add it to the silent installers for you and continue normally. The update will turn 'PapayaWhip' (peach) colour in the list.

Code Factorizing

I'm still proceeding with this, but I'm focusing on the important parts and the bug fixes above.

Here's what code re-factorizing has bought so far since v1.4.0:

• Instant-start: Win Toolkit used to take up-to 10 seconds to load the main screen. This has been achieved by moving the update checking to the background and cleaned up lots of code.
  • Integration Checking: Win Toolkit now checks if an update has been integrated before it attempts to add it into an image. If you just add updates to an image without removing the old ones, then this can save you HOURS!!
  • Update Extraction: With LDR-QFE mode enabled. Updates get extracted in the background whilst the main GDR is integrating, this saves you from integrating GDR > Waiting > LDR
  • Error Detection (Updates): As mentioned above, Win Toolkit now detects common errors during update integration and if possible, solve it for you with no hassle. Just press the '?' button to see what each colour means.
  • Less HDD I/O: In previous versions, Win Toolkit kept extracting then deleting files needed for tasks. Now Win Toolkit just keeps them extracted in a main temp folder so they don't clog up your WinToolkit.exe directory.
  • Cleaner WinToolkit Directory: As just mentioned, the WinToolkit.exe folder is a lot more cleaner!
  • Less Bugs: 74 bugs fixes within the change log, most of which where unreported!

Also don't forget that Win Toolkit now quickly checks if updates are already integrated whereas before it would try to integrate them anyway!

Any questions about the above?

*1.4.1.19^FIX: AIO Integration should now unmount properly if BIG error appears

*1.4.1.19^FIX: Fixed RunOnce not installing automatic files
*1.4.1.19^FIX: Online only updates will get added to silent installer automatically during integration
*1.4.1.19^FIX: Make ISO in WIM Manager will not disable browse box
*1.4.1.18^FIX: RunOnce does not install duplicate entries
*1.4.1.18^FIX: Fixed moving old silent installers.
*1.4.1.18^FIX: Files could not be extracted if foreign character was in the file path
*1.4.1.17^FIX: Fixed many spelling mistakes
*1.4.1.17^FIX: Fixed Windows language pack integration
*1.4.1.17^FIX: Fixed Internet Explorer EXE integration
*1.4.1.17^Not applicable updates go blue during integration
*1.4.1.16^FIX: Hopefully fixed detecting largest drive
*1.4.1.16^FIX: Fixed Office 2013 downloads
*1.4.1.16^FIX: Fixed some spelling mistakes in AIO Integrator
*1.4.1.16^Removed KUC servers
*1.4.1.16^Made some changes to Win Toolkit RunOnce
*1.4.1.16^Updated imagex to Windows 8 version (6.2.9200.16384)
*1.4.1.15^FIX: Corrected 'Exclusive ISOs' hashes
*1.4.1.15^FIX: %DVDRoot% did not work on AIO Integrator > Files
*1.4.1.15^FIX: Fixed cab updates getting wrong version
*1.4.1.15^FIX: Fixed cab updates appearing red
*1.4.1.15^FIX: Temp folder now deleted after integrating updates
*1.4.1.15^FIX: Fixed Update Retriever going red instead of green
*1.4.1.15^FIX: Browse for ISO fixed
*1.4.1.15^FIX: IE10 Final integration
*1.4.1.15^FIX: Swapping items did not swap color
*1.4.1.15^FIX: Multiple issues USB Prep Tool
*1.4.1.15^WIM editing tools always closed on unmount
*1.4.1.15^More options for silent installers
*1.4.1.15^Mount folder now uses 'WinToolkit_Mount' instead of 'WinToolkit_Temp\\Mount' as default
*1.4.1.15^Updates now have a leading 0 if KB number is less than 6 numbers. (sorting)
*1.4.1.15^All files extracted go into a temp folder instead of WinToolkit root
*1.4.1.15^Assembly's now run from memory
*1.4.1.15^Less file deletion for temp files (save HDD I/O)
*1.4.1.14^FIX: Fixed sorting error in AIO integrator
*1.4.1.14^FIX: Changed date format to 'yyyy/MM/dd' to fix sorting dates
*1.4.1.13^FIX: Fixed 0 selected error in AIO Integrator
*1.4.1.13^FIX: Hopefully fixed speed with Windows ISO's download
*1.4.1.13^FIX: Fixed 'Files' in AIO Integrator not copying properly
*1.4.1.13^More start menu tweaks
*1.4.1.13^Sort by columns on AIO Integrator
*1.4.1.13^Sort by columns on Update Catalog
*1.4.1.12^FIX: "KB2670838" will always be integrated before IE10.
*1.4.1.12^FIX: Typo on new 'Windows ISO' screen.
*1.4.1.12^FIX: Tooltips did not get moved on sorting in AIO Integrator.
*1.4.1.12^FIX: Processor architecture neutral updates can now be integrated.
*1.4.1.12^New update integration detection method. Less updates going red.
*1.4.1.12^KB2764913 and KB2764916 (IE10 files) can now be integrated on x64
*1.4.1.12^'Windows ISO' > 'Exclusive ISOs' now displays download speed and time remaining.
*1.4.1.12^Win Toolkit now checks if update is already integrated.
*1.4.1.11^Updated 'Windows ISO' screen.
*1.4.1.10^FIX: Fixed removing non-Aero themes
*1.4.1.10^FIX: Fixed 'Prompt Unmount' not unmounting with multiple images selected
*1.4.1.10^WinToolkit should now work on Windows 8/Server 2012 without installing .NET 3.5
*1.4.1.10^Ability to change image flag in WIM Manager
*1.4.1.9^FIX: Fixed addon/registry conversion
*1.4.1.9^FIX: Fixed Win8 Trial link
*1.4.1.9^DISM now uses WinToolkit temp folder for its scratch directory
*1.4.1.8^FIX: Fixed version number
*1.4.1.7^FIX: Fixed renaming images in WIM Manager
*1.4.1.6^FIX: Potentially fixed a lot of string replacement bugs
*1.4.1.6^UEFI files get added automatically for ISO Maker
*1.4.1.6^UEFI files get added automatically for AIO Disk Creator
*1.4.1.5^FIX: Fixed an issue with saving settings on network share
*1.4.1.4^Code Enhancements
*1.4.1.3^FIX: Update Installer incorrectly numbered updates being added
*1.4.1.3^FIX: Default WinToolkit temp folder now in user temp folder
*1.4.1.3^FIX: Options saved settings even if user said no
*1.4.1.3^Added new Windows ISO for download
*1.4.1.2^FIX: IE10 LangPack shows as IE9 LangPack
*1.4.1.2^Last Session also saved onto DVD
*1.4.1.2^Explorer windows viewing mount folder are closed on unmount
*1.4.1.2^Application can handle large
*1.4.1.2^Built-in adverts are disabled for people who donate
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Missing items (IE) in Integrated list
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Integrated > Updates did not show correct item count
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Windows Thin PC (EMB) detection
*1.4.1.1^FIX: 'Sources' folder can now be selected in WIM manager Browse for folder/DVD
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Addon Maker commands
*1.4.1.1^FIX: IE9 LangPack integration fixed.
*1.4.1.1^FIX: WIM Manager > Merge remained disabled if not enough space
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Fixed process error if AIO cancelled
*1.4.1.1^FIX: If AIO cancelled then the process will now close correctly
*1.4.1.1^FIX: SWM Merger showed WIM Manager instead
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Auto button in Options set temp instead of mount temp
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Single thread error when error box for swm file shown
*1.4.1.1^FIX: AIO > Files will now show correct folder
*1.4.1.1^FIX: 2574819 update required for RDP8.0 now added to top
*1.4.1.1^FIX: AIO Integrator status bar hides when tab changed during integration
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Component Remover 'object not set as reference' with Win 8 image
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Hopefully no more hanging when compressing images
*1.4.1.1^FIX: AIO > Files would not work properly if user put C:\ in save to path
*1.4.1.1^FIX: McRip servers now working
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Silent Installer should now work on Windows 8
*1.4.1.1^FIX: AIO > Files could did not work properly without file extensions
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Could not change Unattended serial
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Fixed form showing transparent on startup
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Fixed TransparencyAll settings and set forced minimum of 40%
*1.4.1.1^FIX: WIM Registry Editor did not load default key
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Statusbar flickered when adding updates in AIO Integrator
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Options column in AIO Integrator was not the correct size
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Fixed user from being able to open multiple AIO Integrators
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Fixed user from being able to open multiple Component Removers
*1.4.1.1^FIX: Fixed user from being able to open multiple WIM Registry Editors
*1.4.1.1^Improved Win Toolkit startup time!
*1.4.1.1^Improved AIO Integrator LDR update integration
*1.4.1.1^Added more screen resolutions for logon background tweak
*1.4.1.1^Logon Background tweak will automatically new screen resolutions
*1.4.1.1^More start menu options in AIO > Tweaks
*1.4.1.1^KUC updates now available via Update Catalog
*1.4.1.1^Showing Components in Component Remover is faster
*1.4.1.1^Update Catalog Additional's now have their own group and unchecked by default
*1.4.1.1^Ability to select ISO in WIM Manager
*1.4.1.1^Ability to select CD/DVD draw in WIM Manager
*1.4.1.1^Ability to remove Metro apps when using Win 8
*1.4.1.1^Added Update Catalog filter option to 'Options'
*1.4.1.1^Internet Explorer 10 support.

I have noticed a splash screen in version 1.4.18 the says the image was created with Win Toolkit during the last part of Windows Installation.

Why has this been done?  I have not changed any settings within the application.  Just curious..

Great Product!!

Thank,

Mike

Edited by Mike2Able

Version 18 IE 10 Language pack integration fine, version 21 seems to have been properly integrated into the language pack, but dont work..

Anyone have version 18 link ?

Thanks anyway; i found it

http://www.wincert.net/forum/files/file/5-win-toolkit/

Add:

Now, version 18 same... I tried before worked. Now, does not work.

I found it; version 15 working

Edited by X-Force

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to let you know Thursday 30th will be my last day at University so I will have three months of NOTHING to do so expect a lot of releases during that time. At the moment I'm focusing on my last 2 exams.

Also I'm currently updating the 'Exclusive ISOs' as the last release was January.

Just to let you know Thursday 30th will be my last day at University so I will have three months of NOTHING to do so expect a lot of releases during that time. At the moment I'm focusing on my last 2 exams.

Also I'm currently updating the 'Exclusive ISOs' as the last release was January.

Thnx for the update, the best of luck with your exams (though I'm sure you rule out luck ;-) , and enjoy!

Thnx for the update, the best of luck with your exams (though I'm sure you rule out luck ;-) , and enjoy!

best of luck with your exams

Best of luck on your exams!

Liam, I think it would it be great if at least one time your 'Exclusive ISOs' would include all of Komm's updates as well as those from McRip, including everything such as IE10, XPmode, .NET 4.5, and all the various MS runtimes such as those from here, ie the whole MS nine yards. And maybe even the Enterprise and/or VL versions of Win7 as well. (All without keys of course, except the publicly available trial ones that is.) Just a thought.

Cheers and Regards

• 2 weeks later...

They have all McRips updates + whatever shows in Windows Updates + .NET 4.5 (with updates). XPMode would be pointless as not everyone uses it. I'm just finishing off the new ISO and hopefully i will go to University tomorrow and upload them :)

I did forget to include the latest DirectX redist though :(

The downloads 'Exclusive ISOs' section will not work at the moment as i'm uploading new ones. I should be releasing a new version tonight. :)

I will want to quickly check for any reported bugs and fix the quicker/minor ones before released. Obviously note the major down so they get fixed also :P