The Little Things

Legolash2o

Hey guys it's time for the next round of 'The Little Things' thread. Most of you will know what this thread is for, if you don't then read below. I'm continuously looking to make Win Toolkit clean, sleek and as perfect as possible. I also love feedback (good or bad) about how things can be better.

Whoever gives the most overall feedback gets a key to remove those adverts within Win Toolkit!

This thread is NOT for:

• Requests
  • Bugs

This thread is FOR:

• Spelling mistakes
  • General feedback
  • GUI mistakes or glitches, i.e. progress bar is full when it shouldn't be or things that don't look right
  • Small suggestions
  • Tweaks which don't work correctly
  • Tiny suggestions of how something can be tweaked slightly to work or look better.
  • Performance suggestions

NOTE: If you have already made a topic about a bug and it's not fixed yet, then give it a 'bump'.
Posts which have been sorted, fixed, implemented, etc.. will have a strikethough to show that they've been done.

• The tool-tip for the "Always Unload DLL" tweak has a space missing.  It instead reads "UnloadDLL"  Maybe call this "Always Unload DLLs"

• Maybe Add a tool-tip to BitLocker in the Component Removal Areas noting that BitLocker is required for the "Windows to Go"

Edited by Legolash2o
Fixed, thanks.

The "Disable Taskbar Preview" tooltip has a few grammatical mistakes:

"This tweaks will not longer display a preview when the mouse hovers over a taskbar preview"

Maybe change it to something like:

"This tweaks Windows will no longer display a preview when the mouse hovers over a taskbar item. preview"

Just remember you said little things!  I'm just posting them as I notice them.  I've been using your app quite a bit recently.

Edited by Legolash2o
Replace it with a better tooltip. Thanks.

The tool tip for "Delete Silent installers" in the Options area of WinToolKit is a little vauge, in fact im still not sure what it means so I've never clicked it.  I'm sure its useful feature, Its just a little unclear as to how the silent installers are deleted.

After OBEE or After Integration?

Im guessing this would delete the original installers after integration.  I aim to avoid this setting as I seem to be using the same Silent Installers over and over again.

Great work updating the tooltips in v20 the tweaks section is much more OCD approved.

I use Addon maker a lot. (WTK 1.4.1.21)
When I save the first addon, it save okay.
Then I open 2nd addon. Made changes and save 2nd addon. The 'Save Addon...' file dialog box default to 1st addon name. (or rather, the last and latest file that I opened previously)
So this means if I file open 3rd addon & save normally, then open 4th addon and save again, the file dialog default to 3rd addon name.

Can it default to the 4th addon name since opening of 4th file already has 'capture' the 4th file name?

Small typo in the AIO Update Integrator help.

Untitled.jpg

Also I noticed that the Step-by-step Integration option of the AIO Integrator doesn't really do anything.

Lego: It does, its for testing so don't use that option.

Edited by Legolash2o
Added note.

Looking at the about tab, that essentially is a "Change Log", so I think it should be named that instead.

Technically the most of the list on the right hand side fits under the "About" tab

Also don't know if its possible but a progress bar here would be nice.

post-3930-0-71765400-1363631181_thumb.pn

post-3930-0-46421400-1363631235_thumb.pn

• 2 weeks later...

These tweaks aren't working:

The path for wall paper is incorrect.

It should copy the wallpaper file to c:\windows\web\wallpapers

Then update the reg to point to that location

I found the reg pointing to where i had added the file from in wintoolkit

Also lock screen folder is wrong: C:\Windows\System32\Web\Screen

It should be C:\Windows\Web\Screen

Also a tweak could be added in to pick screensavers via reg

Also it would be nice to Export tweaks to a Reg file (All/Selected)

post-3930-0-18951200-1364712254_thumb.pn

Edited by spidernz

Also it would be nice to Export tweaks to a Reg file (All/Selected)

I think this might have been mentioned already, but I agree that this would be a good feature. (You might need to put this in the Requests section if it's not there already.)

Cheers and Regards

The most useful tool of all time. And after all these years, it's great that it´s for free!

I noticed that UEFI is created only in ia32 (iso-creator). I would imagine that you assume that you created an AIO. I've also noticed until now, yet not so many had installed in UEFI. Have me wondering why the bios the USB-HDD micht indicated as UEFI (on x64)

Otherwise .. Good work! Really good work ...

• 2 months later...

Is there a reason why you want to leave your ActiVirus running while you are making your build?  Leaving it run really is both risking a build problem and drastically effecting the speed of the build.  Just disconnect from the net while the build is being created if your are concerned about temporarily disabling the AV.  Or are you saying that Win Toolkit is not able to correctly tell whether your AV is running or not and that is why you un-checked the "Detect AntiVirus"?

Cheers and Regards

That option only disables it when WinToolkit starts. LOL you must have went literally as soon as you clicked start as it usually prompts immediately. I wanted that message to ALWAYS appear for various reasons when starting AIO.

I will add a 15 second timer, so if it hasn't been clicked within 15 seconds. The message will automatically close.

That option only disables it when WinToolkit starts. LOL you must have went literally as soon as you clicked start as it usually prompts immediately. I wanted that message to ALWAYS appear for various reasons when starting AIO.

I will add a 15 second timer, so if it hasn't been clicked within 15 seconds. The message will automatically close.

Yeah, I was in a rush!! (well the dog was!).

Is there a reason why you want to leave your ActiVirus running while you are making your build?

Not while making the build, but it seems I've misread what switching the detection on/off does. Well, it has been 6 months since I did an image build.

Leaving it run really is both risking a build problem and drastically effecting the speed of the build.

I know!

Just disconnect from the net while the build is being created if your are concerned about temporarily disabling the AV.

I'm not. I'm a safe browser me!!

Or are you saying that Win Toolkit is not able to correctly tell whether your AV is running or not and that is why you un-checked the "Detect AntiVirus"?

My AV is actually set to ignore Win Toolkit, so if Lego fancied getting malicious with the coding I'd be in deep mire! And I misunderstood/forgot what the switch did.

Cheers and Regards

For now i have suggestions for All-In-One Integrator:

Change text:

Nothing

For:

Keep running

Or:

Add "When finished do" text on the left side

Color description for marked updates somewhere in the window like:

White - Listed

Green - Integrated

Yellow - Integrating

Pink - Failed to integrate

Blue - ???

An easier option: Change the help (?) for the Info icon (i), am thinking that is more info than help.

What about moving the left side bar to the right and icons to the top?

The popups have the 'open' or 'load' icon on the right side, just saying.

CPU priority somewhere in the window while integration is running

In the case thatsome body has started the integration process and take hours, a family member or friend could come home and ask for help with stuff related to computers, would be very helpfull to change the priority to low or idle. This is an option in nLite and i think that it is in vLite too (sorry, can't remember because i barely used).

May be i'm missing something but can be for another time