Update Servers Offline

maxl96

Most of the updates in that list is categorized as OLD by the toolkit(when the update servers where working).Also I get the not applicable error while installing. The KUC also put those in the Remove section after installation

So those are not the updates everyone needs. The WUD updates are too old and most of them (probably all ) are superesed

Ok, then what's wrong with using KUC exactly?

You seem rather entitled for something that's free. Why not grab the files from the MS servers and host them on your own FTP server? Or is that too inconvenient for you?

Win Toolkit's main use and feature is the AIO and its related features helping in modification and deployment of windows 7 and 8 installation files(WIM). It is an alternative for RT7 Lite .

The update catalog is just a feature for getting the updates in the easy way. The hard way is download each one from Microsoft.

Currently The update catalog is dead as there is no update servers to download from.

WinToolkit is still alive

But you did not respond to my question ...

I assume you mean this question?

ok , so this is the end of Win ToolKit or just update catalog feature ...?

No, I'm sure this is not the end of either Win Toolkit or, probably, the update catalog feature.  Win Toolkit's code development, just like that of any volunteer project, is sometimes off and on due to the developer's RL issues which do, and should, take precedence over any user's "need" for any news or update to deal with any real or imagined issue.  That is just the way of life for this kind of project.  I don't know why anytime that Lego has other things to do for a few days or weeks that folks say "Win Toolkit is coming to an end!" while RT7 Lite hasn't had updates in YEARS and some people still think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  ::sheesh::

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the feature of having Win Toolkit download the updates for you is a secondary convenience to it's primary purpose of making the OS build.  It has evolved over the years as various people have been involved with putting together update lists and providing repositories for them.  Lego does not have any direct involvement or influence over them and has had to adapt Win Toolkit to them as they have come and gone and evolved themselves.  I'm sure this will continue as they continue to change.

Cheers and Regards

with appreciation to amaltom61 and bphlpt for understanding my interest in this matter and for  detailed information about the issue with update feature , i just want to say that for me update feature is the most important section from this software and i think many other users appreciate this feature and use it very frequent .

Thank you !

Edited by psyhokinetik

McRip will be re-opening his servers in a few days.

Win7 and office first, then a few days later Win8 should follow.

UPDATE:

McRip has got the Win7 Repo back online now.  It is only accessible through WinToolKit, and one other program.

Edited by Stimpy

McRip has got the Win7 Repo back online now.  It is only accessible through WinToolKit, and one other program.

A HUGE THANKS for MacRip.....................

Which other program 

Edited by amaltom61

Thanks McRip. Looks like I can now update the exclusive ISOs now :D

Liam, I think it would it be great if your exclusive ISO would include all of Komm's updates as well as those from McRip, ie everything including XPmode, ,NET 4.5 and the whole nine yards.

Cheers and Regards

A HUGE THANKS for MacRip.....................

Which other program 

It's a program called Windows Download Integrator, but I have never been able to download it, because the creator of this program removes the download links when he has found a bug, then spends weeks fixing it, then says stuff like "will be released in a week", this was said at the beginning of this month, and still nobody has no idea when/if he's going to release it, BUT he could be waiting for McRip to finish re-opening his servers, maybe.

UPDATE:

He has now released a Beta version, and is available HERE

Edited by Stimpy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...