[Solved]Win Toolkit unusable for me

Gideon

Hi all, Using the stable version of Win Toolkit (1.4.0.77) and also the latest version (1.4.1.21) I can't load any executables into the tool, using the All-in-one Integrator (Updates and Languages).

.Net framework 4.5 or kb890830 are just 2 examples. The only one that loads OK is IE 10 for Win 7.

Error message is: This does not seem to be Internet Explorer 9 or the latest Windows XP mode.

(Screen capture attached).

I'm stumped, Any ideas?

post-43755-0-63244200-1362929489.jpg

Edited by Gideon

I honestly would give WinToolkit 1.4.1.21 a try.  Its more stable for me that any other version.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/files/file/5-win-toolkit/

You can keep both versions in the same folder if you rename the Wintookit EXE's.  Let us know if it helps and report back the error message if any.

Note 1.4.1.20 has a bug, you will want 1.4.1.21.

Edited by splinterededge

You also appear to be integrating Net framework 4.5.  While this is okay you need to be sure your integrating it from the silent installers area of wintoolkit.

Perhaps try integrating the.net 4.5 repack in the silent installers area and remove the original package that's giving you problems.  

The link below is the best .net 4.5 framework solution for WinToolkit as it contains all the updates in a neat and optimized format.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/10480-slim-net-framework-45-full-x86x64-2-26-2013/

Good luck.

Thanks for your help, splinterededge.

"Ingegrating it from the silent installers" was the the key to getting this going.

It wasn't just .net framework 4.5, I just gave this as an example. All the exe's (with the exception of IE10 for Win7) would not integrate through the 'Updates + Languages'.  

Using the silent installers I was able to integrate everything I needed.

Thanks a lot, Gideon.