Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 7

abbodi1406

It's an addon bro  :cool04:

No, it appears to be an "add-on"...

Better yet, why don't you create your own thread about the problems with your own self created "add-on"?

@crashfly, I think you might be a little confused. abbodi1406 DID create his own thread, this one, about his own 'self created "add-on"', which he made with help and advice from Ricktendo, and abbodi1406 is not the one having problems with it, mattew is. Did you think that this was one of Ricks's threads, either this one or this one? They are all named very similarly so it would be an easy mistake to make. I have almost made the same mistake myself. You are correct that Rick makes silent installers, which I personally prefer, but, though I haven't used this one myself, I believe that abbodi1406's entry is an addon, at least it is named as one and Rick did not dispute that designation. And in this three page thread no one else has disputed it either.

Cheers and Regards

My apologies on that bphlpt.  I got a little exuberant on people complaining about stuff in the wrong thread.  That and I jumped all over the wrong person.

Apologies to abbodi1406.

As for mattew, he should post in the appropriate thread (or create his own).  In that post he should include more information about what he was trying to do.

Edited by crashfly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

Pardon my ignorance, but do i need to install 4.5 and THEN 4.5.1 or it is enough with 4.5.1? normally you need all net versions, but I believe that 4.5.1 completly overwrites 4.5, so I dont need to install 4.5, Am I right?

By the way, I cant download your addon, the website says the file is under maintenance :S

Thank you.

That are realy good news.

Ricks one is my favorite, and now i have also a preinstall option. Great!

Good Jobs, keep it up, guys! :)

Update:

Im not sure, the forum search engine cannot tell me:

Exist maybe also an addon for the VBCFJRedist_AIO_x86_x64 - One?

Edited by BrokenZer0

Greetings, i've been a "rather long time lurker" over here, found most of answers just by sifting though the forums but alas some things require me to post.

I've got a few questions regarding this addon, rather simple really.

1) Is it possible to "deintergrate" this addon to replace it with a new'er one when it comes out? I ask this because as far saw it, the previous versions of this addon remained inside of the target installation disc without replacing the previous one's.

2) Can i completely remove the default Net framework 3.5.1 that resides within the installation disc and then just integrate this addon?

Many thanks in advance.

(2) Unlike in XP, earlier ".NET's" are now part of the OS, and are not designed to be removed, though I think they can be.  And like XP, while .NET 4.5.1 completely replaces 4.5 and 4.0, it does not totally replace 3.5.1 and earlier in the sense that if you did remove 3.5.1 and earlier from your Win7 install, and a poorly written app looked specifically to see if 2.0 or 3.0 or 3.5 was installed, that app would fail even if you had 4.5.1 installed.  At least that's the way I understand how things work.

For (1), I'll let abodi1406 or someone else that knows more than I do about this particular addon answer that definitively, but my opinion is that when you do a new build each month or whatever, and you have new hotfixes, addons, tweaks, etc., you are better off starting from scratch, rather than trying to remove the outdated ones and add the new ones in their place.

Cheers and Regards

1) deintergrate is not possible because the addon set and modifies registry settings in the image

but you could try to integrate newer version in image contains older addon version, let me know if it's working  :D

2) as bphlpt explained, .NET 3.5 Family is a completely separate package software than .NET 4.x Family

• 2 weeks later...

Soo - please forgive me for not understanding this 100%... this means that the addons in the first post in this thread is updated (with the lastest updates from februari)  - or not?

I ask because I get three (3) ".NET 3.5.1" updates from WUD, 2898857, 2901112 and 2911501 when I try this out in Virtualbox.