Windows Live Messenger Annoyance

cygnus

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but its rather annoying.

untitledjs7.th.jpg

I hate having to install flash player because of Ads and stuff like that. Flash ads are the worst.

The other problem I have is this (note the WLM icons in the tray)

untitled2rw5.th.jpg

It only happens on an A-patched version of WLM for me (I remove a lot of stuff). It happens when you close WLM from the try icon (ie, right click and "close messenger"). The Main window closes and that icons remains, you can then hover over it and it just disappears.

I was wondering if anyone else has these problems and would like to let me in on some secrets :P

Thanks guys :)

:beerchug:

Edited by cygnus

messpatch is so much better...

Will give this new one a shot, thanks Rick :)

Off Topic: I hate being preached to by software (I'm talking about Apatch), to all you UBER Religious folks: Keep the religious stuff out of software, nobody likes that.

Too **** true. Well said.

Well, I got MessPatch installed there, and it still does the same thing. It's gotta be that something is getting removed and Vista doesn't like it.

Oh well, I'm still going to use MessPatch from now on :P

It only happens on an A-patched version of WLM for me (I remove a lot of stuff). It happens when you close WLM from the try icon (ie, right click and "close messenger"). The Main window closes and that icons remains, you can then hover over it and it just disappears.

Same thing here.. :o