Error 0xC004E003 for Genuine Activation

Squeeto

I did a search for Error 0xC004E003 and found nothing on the forum so I am posting this.

Scenario:

-you have a computer that came pre-installed with Windows

-you were not provided a recovery disc

-you download the legit retail version from MSoft to match your machine

-WinToolkit provides you with the current Product Key, you try but it fails with:

Error Code 0xC004E003 The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed.

The recovery install disc and the downloaded retail iso require different product keys for activation.

I found a sticker on the bottom of my laptop that has a different product key than the one it came installed with.

This new product key made me genuine  B).

I hope that this helps someone.

Edit:  CORRECTION

Although this works in my virtual box, I was told that this is not the right way to do this.

Actually the correct method won't work in a virtual box - go figure.

Don't change the serial number determined by WinToolkit's Unattended Creator

Don't use the serial number on the label

Find a program called SLIC_ToolKit by DavidXXW

V3.2
2010-02-13
SLIC_ToolKit.EXE
CRC32: CBFB15C7
MD5: 589748FA6623657F542D91C6FDD7211D
SHA-1: 22A1D81B6DEE6D1CD2FE13124A8DA0DC5598384C

Run it - select Advanced tab - under Pkey&Cert.Valid&Backup, press Backup

Copy the created <xxx>_Cert.xrm-ms to ..\sources\$oem$\$$\system32\oem\ on your WinToolkit working (Win7) directory

Run WinToolkit and make the final .iso

Thanks go to Ricktendo for setting me straight.

Edited by Squeeto

-WinToolkit provides you with the current Product Key, you try but it fails with:

Error Code 0xC004E003 The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed.

Of course, the key is a general key for installation, NOT activable!

I found a sticker on the bottom of my laptop that has a different product key than the one it came installed with.

The pre-installed key is NOT your own key, it's a volume-one and belongs to manufacturers.

To reinstall win7 you must use the Key from sticker, this is YOUR POL (Proof of Licence), if you do't have a recovery medium/partition with activated windows.

Edited by Thiersee

You also need to backup and add a license file (<filename>.XRM-MS) in order for the ke to work and you need to add this to your image somehow to the \Windows\System32\oem folder (it will auto install here)

Google "create OEM dvd" and you will see what I mean

You also need to backup and add a license file (<filename>.XRM-MS) in order for the ke to work and you need to add this to your image somehow to the \Windows\System32\oem folder (it will auto install here)

Google "create OEM dvd" and you will see what I mean

Thanks Ricktendo, good to know.

ei.cfg definitely says Retail not OEM; I wonder why the install and mgadiag report genuine.

I understood now, what you mean with this statement

If you let WTK build an autounattend.xml, then WTK reads the key of the running OS, were you have started WTK!

You have to put in this place the key you have on the sticker.

Does not matter what ei.cfg says, you simply need to put the .XRM-MS in the oem folder in system32 and during install it will register... you can also copy it there manually and register it

SLMGR.VBS -ilc <PATH>\<FILENAME>.XRM-MS
Now your serial should activate Windows without the need to connect to the internet, it will see your bios and the oem license and it will confirm it as genuine

BTW if you cant find your xmr-ms license, google "slic toolkit" this tool can find it and back it up for you

And your key is most definitely NOT the one on the sticker.  Those CoA keys haven't been the real keys since XP SP2.  Your key is called an OEM-SLP key and each manufacturer uses the same key on thousands of machines.

You can also load the cert/key after the OS is done installing.

slmgr.vbs -ilc PATH\to\your\certificate\*.xrm-ms
slmgr.vbs -ipk KEYKE-YKEYK-EYKEY-KEYKE-YKEYK

<reboot>...done!
Edited by Mr_Smartepants

put the .XRM-MS in the oem folder in system32 and during install it will register

BTW if you cant find your xmr-ms license, google "slic toolkit" this tool can find it and back it up for you

Slic Toolkit reports the same serial number as WinToolkit.

So I am back to using the original serial number but I then need to add the xxx_Cert.xrm-ms file to ..\sources\$oem$\.

Is that all?

For it to end up in System32\oem you have to put it in

sources\$oem$\$$\system32\oem
Edit: maybe this is a feature the toolkit should have, detect if the serial is oem and back up/insert the lic if the user chooses to apply current installs oem serial

Okay, using:

-original serial number determined by WinToolkit

-<my>_Cert.xrm-ms copied to ..\sources\$oem$\$$\system32\oem\

is a no go!

.xms-ms does end up in System32\oem

SLMGR.VBS -ilc <PATH>\<my>_Cert.xrm-ms

had a positive message about installed or registered certificate

but still not genuine.

using the WinToolkit key is a no go.

But 

using the label product key on the bottom of the laptop gives genuine!

Guys, how many times can I do this?  Is there a counter in the bios counting down to "death of a laptop"?

Edit- btw, this method produced a different Product ID number but still genuines with the sticker serial

It is still Win7 64bit Home Premium but it was OEM_SLP and now (virtual box) it says OEM_COA_SLP.

Edited by Squeeto

No wonder, you are in Virtual Box...Activation will ONLY work on a live install

The only way to see if this works is by re-installing then! :unsure:

Thank you 

My first post was corrected.

Now, if I upgrade my hard drive or video card, is this going to fail?

Edited by Squeeto

No, there is no trouble!

Using Oracle VM VirtualBox we can see: Remaining 3 days before activation (Tokens.dat and pkeyconfig.xrm-ms integrated) .

But if I use Windows Updates, all updates are installed and Windows is already activated!

Regards

Using Oracle VM VirtualBox we can see: Remaining 3 days before activation

This only happens, if you let the box "Jump over" checked (sorry, I don't know the exact word in english, in german is "Überspringen") in the windows were you put the key; I get 30 days up to activation.

No, there is no trouble!

Using Oracle VM VirtualBox we can see: Remaining 3 days before activation (Tokens.dat and pkeyconfig.xrm-ms integrated) .

But if I use Windows Updates, all updates are installed and Windows is already activated!

Regards

Same here - 3 days before activation and have tokens.dat in the system and key activated

Using Oracle VM VirtualBox we can see: Remaining 3 days before activation

This only happens, if you let the box "Jump over" checked (sorry, I don't know the exact word in english, in german is "Überspringen") in the windows were you put the key; I get 30 days up to activation.

Maybe english "skip"?

Where is this?  WinToolkit or VirtualBox?

Maybe english "skip"?

Where is this?  WinToolkit or VirtualBox?

Oh yes, thanks!

If you don't use an autounattend.xml it is during win-installation where you should put the Key.

If you use an autounattend.xml it should be under "specialize"

<settings pass="specialize">        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">            <ComputerName>ZUHAUSE</ComputerName>            <BluetoothTaskbarIconEnabled>false</BluetoothTaskbarIconEnabled>            <DoNotCleanTaskBar>true</DoNotCleanTaskBar>            <TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time</TimeZone>        </component>        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-UX" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">            <SkipAutoActivation>true</SkipAutoActivation>        </component>

I install with this in my autounattend.xml I get 30 days to activate.

EDIT:

I must correct myself, it's not the auto-aktivation you can skip (you can select/deselect it), you can skip the whole Key-entering-procedure; I mean this one (sorry, it's german)

ereo7v56jj9.jpg

If I use "Überspringen" (Skip) without Key and auto-activation, then I have 3 days to activate, if I use "Weiter" (Next or continue) I get 30 days.

qt1efux8gkz8.jpg
no matter if VirtualBox or real Install
Edited by Thiersee