[Closed] "Strange" issue integrating network driver.

Thiersee

Hi people,

I don't know, if this issue depends from WTK or from the Realtek Network-driver or from Motherboard; anyway I will post the same question in german Gigabyte-forum (it's a GB-board).

The "story":

there have been no problems until version 7.67 of the driver (integrated AND installed); from version 7.69 onwards the drivers have been integrated but NOT installed :ranting:!

Updating the running system with the newest driver works without problems.

I couldn't find any big differences in the .inf-file.

Mainboard: GA-F2A85XM-D3H

Network-controller: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (on board).

Any idea for me to solve this issue?

TNX, Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

I say this all the time.  When it comes to drivers, newer is not always better.

There's no reason to upgrade drivers (or bios) unless that update fixes a problem or adds significant functionality or performance.

Use the driver that works.

End of story.

There's no reason to upgrade drivers (or bios) unless that update fixes a problem or adds significant functionality or performance.

End of story.

You're so right! :dancing:

End of story.

You are right, I don' want to upgrade at any cost :) !

But, If I start a new integration because of windows-update, new programs and so on, why should I not try to have all the new driver in my image (if it works!)?

In this case I must use the older driver to integrate.

My thread was not to get a solution that works, much more to get an explanation why it doesn't work ;) .

Anyway thanks.

It doesn't work because Realtek broke it; not because of anything WinToolkit does.  This happens all the time.  Realtek is notorious for breaking support on older hardware in order to support newer hardware in their monolithic drivers.

They're not the only ones either.  On my Asus laptop, I'm constantly nagged by Windows Update for an updated USB3 driver (Fresco Logic).  When I update to the newer version it kills all my USB ports until I revert back and hide the update.  This continues with each new version. :(

It doesn't work because Realtek broke it; not because of anything WinToolkit does.  This happens all the time.  Realtek is notorious for breaking support on older hardware in order to support newer hardware in their monolithic drivers.

OK, this is an explanation for me too.

Edited by Thiersee