[Problem] Windows 7 X64 SP1 - Intergrate Updates

mastercheem

Sorry if this is not the right thread/forum.

I've been trying to create a succesful image for a few days now... and I haven't ben able to.

I was using an older program last week called RT7, which hasn't been kept up with very well...

Anyways I decided to get WinToolKit a go. I used it to download a fresh SP1 X64 English disc, along with all of the updates I need to make imaging faster.

I've burnt a few discs and used USBs thinking maybe that was the problem but it seems to be something else.

I get an error or message about the end of the windows 7 installtion.

Check Copying Windows Files

Check Expanding Windows Files

Check Installing Features

Check Installing Updates

- Completing installion.....

photomcd.jpg

This is where I get the error, A prompt pops up about WinToolKit looking for installion files?

It usually fails about an hour later.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Do i have to have WinToolkit added to the usb for it to complete the installtion?

The Fail message isWindows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation.

TL;DR    Having an error at the end of completing installtion - Looking for WinToolkit installtion Files. Read Fail Msg.

2013-05-22_19-38-00.ini

Edited by mastercheem

mastercheem:

You should use a virtual machine (VirtualBox is free and very good) to test your integration.

You can attach your wintoolkit's session.ini here so we can see your settings.

mastercheem:

You should use a virtual machine (VirtualBox is free and very good) to test your integration.

You can attach your wintoolkit's session.ini here so we can see your settings.

I have plenty of laptops to test it on. Thanks though.  I will try to get my .ini file up on here.

So it's most likely one of the updates I tried to intergrate?

Most likely its a update or a file you reshacked

For updates I suggest KUC for telling you what updates can and cannot be integrated

- mount your image with wintk

- run KUC with these parameters

"KUC W7 UpdateChecker.exe" /DVD-Image-dir:<path_to_mount_folder>
This will give you a list of safe updates you can integrate

I had the same problem while trying to get IE10 slipstreamed. Found out I was actually missing some required updates. I read where some said you needed 4 updates and then I noticed in wintool  I didn't have all the required updates. 5 or so? Sorry I can't help much. I myself just started working with windows 7 updates to my DVD.

• 2 weeks later...