Sort by image name instead of architecture?

nooname

The existing sorted order is consistent with the way that MS used to do it on the AIO discs they once provided, so is the expected order, and I doubt that Lego will change that, if it would even be possible.

[EDIT:  Changed wording since Microsoft no longer offers “One Disc To Rule Them All” installation media to anybody including MSDN or TechNet subscribers.]

Cheers and Regards

I don't know if it will work but a possible scenario will be to export each edition to individual .wim then add them back one by one to a new .wim in the desired order.

When only one image in the .wim the index for all those individual .wim would be 1.

Adding them back one by one to a new .wim the index will increase so the final .wim would have them indexed in the order you add them.

The existing sorted order is consistent with the way that MS does it on the AIO discs they provide, so is the expected order, and I doubt that Lego will change that, if it would even be possible.

Cheers and Regards

What is the source of MS AIO discs ?  Are these discs that are for internal use ?

What is the source of MS AIO discs ?  Are these discs that are for internal use ?

After a little research, it seems I was behind the times.  MS no longer provides such AIO discs, not even to Technet subscribers.  I don't know why they stopped.  I think that the closest you can get now is the Windows 7 RTM (Non-bootable) x86 All Versions and Windows 7 RTM (Non-bootable) x64 All Versions discs that are still available from Digital River, which will offer the choice between all the various versions if the ei.cfg file has been removed.

7qw.png

Sorry for the misleading information. My post above has been corrected.

Cheers and Regards

Since the release of Windows 7, I never understood what are we wrong in Microsoft.com ???????? even I do not know English or who understand little English (for more Microsoft is in all languages), I find them all the details of microsoft perfectly OK, I would say extraordinary, all users (everyone all Web, from nearly 4 years) or they want to try the impossible by force, even there where it's all very very simple, as you already understand microsoft in Windows NT6.x has created tools that make everything so perfect, there more nlite where he served Nuhi do certain things, today unattended is certified by Microsoft today all programs only automate tools Microsoft (just give them a GUI, nothing else), so all that you can do it from a cmd file, but as is known and recommended to use a program with GUI as a program with GUI help orientate the most well ect ect

if you do not have Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) here Download Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows® 8

the strong point of Windows XP was this, users enjoyed them with certain things, and Microsot learned the lesson well, and Microsoft for years is making it impossible to improve certain services (in Windows Vista certain services were a disaster, in Windows 7 has been improved a lot, and in Windows 8 have been improved even more), and the truth is that everything in Windows NT6.x and much more well done in comparison with Windows XP, in Windows NT6.x everything is much simpler and is more fun playing with Unattended

Image Management Command-Line Options

please copy your dvd in C:\Win7DVD, after run as admin this cmd file, after copy\replace C:\install.wim with C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim

CD /D "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Kits\8.0\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\x86\DISM"Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:5 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Ultimate" /compress:maximumDism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:9 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Ultimate" /compress:maximumDism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:4 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Professional" /compress:maximumDism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:8 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Professional" /compress:maximumDism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:3 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Home Premium" /compress:maximumDism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:7 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Home Premium" /compress:maximumDism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:2 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Home Basic" /compress:maximumDism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:6 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Home Basic" /compress:maximumDism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:"C:\install.wim" /DestinationName:"Windows 7 Starter" /compress:maximum:::: Or http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824915.aspx::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 5 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Ultimate" /compress maximum::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 9 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Ultimate" /compress maximum::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 4 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Professional" /compress maximum::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 8 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Professional" /compress maximum::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 3 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Home Premium" /compress maximum::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 7 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Home Premium" /compress maximum::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 2 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Home Basic" /compress maximum::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 6 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Home Basic" /compress maximum::imagex /export "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim" 1 "C:\install.wim" "Windows 7 Starter" /compress maximum

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece