Firefox bookmarks

Rin

I don't know is this the right section for this. But yesterday all my firefox bookmarks suddenly disappeared when I started my computer.

I don't know why that happened. And that is the 2nd time ... I don't know first time this happened was a year ago or something.

Is there any way of getting those back? And does anyone know why? :crying_anim02:

I don't know is this the right section for this. But yesterday all my firefox bookmarks suddenly disappeared when I started my computer.

I don't know why that happened. And that is the 2nd time ... I don't know first time this happened was a year ago or something.

Is there any way of getting those back? And does anyone know why? :crying_anim02:

Unfortunately I don't user Firefox, but a lot of other guys here does. Maybe somene could help you with this.

Until somebody else comes up with the solution I can offer you this: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

If you do get the bookmarks sorted out, you may be interested in a little add-on called Foxmarks. You can use it to back up the bookmarks just in case in the future it happens again.

If you do decide to use it, make sure to turn off Auto synching as I have noticed a few little problems with that (Bookmarks being erased from server, I found that out the hard way :P)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Here I copy and paste "C:\Documents and Settings\"USERNAME"\Application Data\Mozilla" folder to another partition for a backup.

This folder not only contains your bookmarks but your tabs and addons/extensions as well.

If you delete the above folder FF will go through the motions of a new install when opening.

Here I copy and paste "C:\Documents and Settings\"USERNAME"\Application Data\Mozilla" folder to another partition for a backup.

This folder not only contains your bookmarks but your tabs and addons/extensions as well.

If you delete the above folder FF will go through the motions of a new install when opening.

Welcome to forums VFor :icon_cool: