KB2823180 Question

compstuff

I have spent all weekend testing and updating my integration process and KB2823180 doesn't want to play nice at all... I integrate McRip's updates in STEP-1 STEP-1-UPDATES-07-07-13.ini and then I integrate my SFX items which includes KB2823180 (after .NET 4.5) STEP-2-SFX-07-06-13.ini  and it always shows in MS Update.... even the KUC shows it uninstalled YET Windows update history shows it installed... has me stumped.

Rica, I would think that you would know that I really did use the search or I wouldn't have asked the question... I'm not a newbie here :doh:  ...I am just not finding a clear answer to my question so I may have missed it... but my SFX .ini shows that it is installed after .net and it's the last framework hotfix installed. Does WinToolKit change the order of the fixes (other than the pre-req's)? Thanks for your help I always appreciate it.

I have spent all weekend testing and updating my integration process and KB2823180 doesn't want to play nice at all... I integrate McRip's updates in STEP-1 attachicon.gifSTEP-1-UPDATES-07-07-13.ini and then I integrate my SFX items which includes KB2823180 (after .NET 4.5) attachicon.gifSTEP-2-SFX-07-06-13.ini  and it always shows in MS Update.... even the KUC shows it uninstalled YET Windows update history shows it installed... has me stumped.

Thanks I am setting up a new set as I write this and testing it with the zzz trick :) thanks

I'm pretty sure it's alphabetical order for installers during RunOnce (I always used a number of''z'' letters in front of the ones I needed to be installed in a special order / lastly). :)

Edited by compstuff

OK so a brand new integration using KB2823180 installed after ,Net as a SFX with a z in front to make sure it is installed last... it shows up in MS Update and it also shows up as installed when I check installed updates.

post-11313-0-72901200-1373802222_thumb.j   post-11313-0-25897700-1373802239_thumb.j

Edited by compstuff

I'm pretty sure it's alphabetical order for installers during RunOnce (I always used a number of''z'' letters in front of the ones I needed to be installed in a special order / lastly). :)

Thanks I am setting up a new set as I write this and testing it with the zzz trick :) thanks

There is no need to rename your files, wintoolkit add the "00# " (3 digits and a space before the name of the file in the windows registry) to have it installed in the order you set while integrating.

• 2 weeks later...