Dream Update Pack For Windows XP Post SP3 11072013

You should change paths in the INF from stuff like c:\windows to %10%, c:\windows\system32 to %11%, c:\program files to %16422%, etc.

You can also remove the line with UninstallCommand and sections with c:\windows\$hf_mig$\KB#######\SP3QFE and/or C:\WINDOWS\system32\DllCache

It would also be helpful to summarize the basic differences between this pack and the other popular options, ie why did you create this pack? Why weren't the others meeting your needs? Making this pack just to prove you can make one is perfectly fine as far as it goes, but why should anyone else use it?

Cheers and Regards

hi every one
soryy for ansewring late
i create this pack not to prove i can make one
no
i used to intgrate xable update pack
but it stopped since 12/12/2012
so i wanted to make my own pack which has high priority updates
and it is gdr because i think gdr is more better than qfe

thanks every body

i want to tell something

i am not very good at english

so sorry for my english

and i will do my best

##########################

the differnt between this and any update pack that

it has has high priority updates not like any other updates

and i will improve it as i can to help you

and i did not use onepiece tool

i made it manually

and followed the key and exports it

hi rick
i will
thanks

i will change C:\WINDOWS to %WinDir%

Edited by bphlpt
combined posts

Dream World, I've edited your posts in this thread. In the future, to keep the thread from getting too cluttered, if no one else has posted since your last post, please edit your previous post to add your new thoughts rather than making a new post. You can add the word -- EDIT -- to your new thought, as you probably have seen others do, if you want to highlight the fact that you have added to your post. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Cheers and Regards

No, there are numbers like %11% you can use instead of %WinDir%, here is a good list

;;; 	The [DeleteMe] section removes an entire key and ALL of it values;; 	Additions must use the format:  MainRegistryKey,"SubKeyToDelete";;  	Valid MainRegistryKey abbreviations are:;	HKCR = Hkey_Classes_Root;	HKCU = Hkey_Current_User;	HKLM = Hkey_Local_Machine;	HKU  = Hkey_Users;; 	Registry Data Types;	types with NCLOB don't overwrite existing values;; 	REG_SZ                 	 	= 0x00000000 (or 0); 	REG_BINARY              	= 0x00000001 (or 1); 	Reg_SZ_NOCLOBBER        	= 0x00000002 (or 2); 	REG_BINARY_NOCLOBBER    	= 0x00000003 (or 3);       REG_MULTI_SZ_APPEND     	= 0x0001000A; 	REG_MULTI_SZ            	= 0x00010000; 	REG_DWORD              		= 0x00010001; 	REG_MULTI_SZ_NOCLOBBER  	= 0x00010002; 	REG_DWORD_NOCLOBBER     	= 0x00010003;       	REG_MULTI_SZ_DELVAL     = 0x00010006;	REG_ADDREG_APPEND		= 0x00010008; 	REG_EXPAND_SZ           	= 0x00020000; 	REG_EXPAND_SZ_NOCLOBBER 	= 0x00020002;;	To make a default value, use ,,,  For example see iesearch settings;;	A DIRID can be one of the following values: -01,;;	Value 		Destination Directory;;	01 		SourceDrive:\pathname (the directory from which the INF file was installed) ;	10 		Windows directory;			This is equivalent to %windir%.  ;	11 		System directory ;			This is equivalent to %windir%\system32 for NT-based systems,;			and to %windir%\system for Windows 9x/Me. ;	12 		Drivers directory;			This is equivalent to %windir%\system32\drivers for NT-based platforms,;			and to %windir%\system\IoSubsys on Windows 9x/Me platforms.  ;	17 		INF file directory ;	18 		Help directory ;	20 		Fonts directory ;	21 		Viewers directory ;	23 		Color directory (ICM) (not used for installing printer drivers) ;	24 		Root directory of the system disk.;			This is the root directory of the disk on which Windows files are installed.;			For example, if dirid 10 is "C:\winnt", then dirid 24 is "C:\". ;	25 		Shared directory ;	30 		Root directory of the boot disk, also known as "ARC system partition,";			for NT-based systems. (This might or might not be the same directory as;			the one represented by dirid 24.) ;	50 		System directory for NT-based operating systems ;			This is equivalent to %windir%\system (NT-based systems only). ; ;	51 		Spool directory (not used for installing printer drivers see Printer Dirids) ;	52 		Spool drivers directory (not used for installing printer drivers) ;	53 		User profile directory ;	54 		Directory where ntldr.exe and osloader.exe are located (NT-based systems only)  ;	55 		Print processors directory (not used for installing printer drivers) ;	-1 		Absolute path  ;;;	Value		Shell Special Folder ;;	16384 		%userprofile%\Desktop;	16386 		%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs;	16389 		%userprofile%\My Documents;	16390 		%userprofile%\Favorites;	16391 		%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup;	16392 		%userprofile%\Recent;	16393 		%userprofile%\SendTo;	16395 		%userprofile%\Start Menu;	16397 		%userprofile%\My Documents\My Music;	16398 		%userprofile%\My Documents\My Videos;	16400 		%userprofile%\Desktop;	16403 		%userprofile%\NetHood;	16404 		C:\WINDOWS\Fonts;	16405 		%userprofile%\Templates;	16406 		%allusersprofile%\Start Menu;	16407 		%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs;	16408 		%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup;	16409 		%allusersprofile%\Desktop;	16410 		%userprofile%\Application Data;	16411 		%userprofile%\PrintHood;	16412 		%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data;	16415 		%allusersprofile%\Favorites;	16416 		%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files;	16417 		%userprofile%\Cookies;	16418 		%userprofile%\Local Settings\History;	16419 		%allusersprofile%\Application Data;	16420 		System Root (C:\WINDOWS);	16421 		C:\WINDOWS\System32;	16422 		Program Files;	16423 		%userprofile%\My Documents\My Pictures;	16424 		%userprofile%;	16425 		C:\WINDOWS\System32;	16427 		C:\Program Files\Common Files;	16429 		%allusersprofile%\Templates;	16430 		%allusersprofile%\Documents;	16431 		%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools;	16432 		%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools;	16437 		%allusersprofile%\Documents\My Music;	16438 		%allusersprofile%\Documents\My Pictures;	16439 		%allusersprofile%\Documents\My Videos;	16440 		C:\WINDOWS\resources;	16441 		C:\WINDOWS\resources\0409;	16443 		%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning;;;	ProfileItems;;	0x00000001 	Create menu item in Current User flag;	0x00000002 	Delete menu item flag;	0x00000004 	Create Start menu group under All Users\Start\Programs;	0x00000005 	Create Start menu group under Current User\Start\Programs;	0x00000006 	Delete Start menu group under All Users\Start\Programs;	0x00000007 	Delete Start menu group under Current User\Start\Programs;;;;

@qwesta

Dream World has stated that his update pack is high priority updates only, similar to the old xable pack which does not seem to be updated anymore. That seems to be a valid reason to make this pack. I'm not familiar enough with either this pack or u_h's pack to know what the exact differences are between them, but I believe they are different based on that explanation. Even Kel has stated that this is the type of pack he might want to use. Once this pack is stabilized, perhaps it would be interesting to see a chart showing the exact differences between this pack, u_h's and OnePiece's pack, for the user's information.

Cheers and Regards

every one

remember what one piece said

"Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead"

and no one asked him "

why he made his pack

"
or "

what is the difference between his pack and others

"
we have now multiple choices
any one can choose one of it

the errors wail be fixed in the next version