Remove WimFltr... again.

graybags

Hi,

I've not used WinToolkit for a few months, so I thought I'd use it to create a new Win 7 disk.

Anyway, I downloaded the latest version, ran it like normal and it said [WimFltr Removed] and asked me to reboot, which I did.

But it does this EVERY time I open WinToolkit up.

What's going on?  Do I have to uninstall the WinFltr manually maybe?  If so, how, and why isn't WinToolkit doing it like it used to?

Graybags

I don't know if you are trying to run the latest version in the same folder that you've used in the past with all the leftover files from previous runs, but I would suggest trying to clear all of that out, compress the old stuff up and store it elsewhere for now if you want, and try to start WinToolkt completely clean, as if it has never been run before on your system and see if you get the same situation.  If you still get the above message, exactly when does the message occur?  Have you done anything or has anything else happened yet besides booting the program up?  Are you running WinToolkit inside a VM or on real hardware?  Do you have any antivirus running while WinToolkit is running?  I'm just throwing out random thoughts as they come into my head, but maybe someone else will recognize your problem if you can provide further details. :)

Cheers and Regards

I don't know if you are trying to run the latest version in the same folder that you've used in the past with all the leftover files from previous runs, but I would suggest trying to clear all of that out, compress the old stuff up and store it elsewhere for now if you want, and try to start WinToolkt completely clean, as if it has never been run before on your system and see if you get the same situation.  If you still get the above message, exactly when does the message occur?  Have you done anything or has anything else happened yet besides booting the program up?  Are you running WinToolkit inside a VM or on real hardware?  Do you have any antivirus running while WinToolkit is running?  I'm just throwing out random thoughts as they come into my head, but maybe someone else will recognize your problem if you can provide further details. :)

Cheers and Regards

Just tried running it from a completely different folder - same thing happened.  The message appears about a second or two after I run the WinToolkit.exe file.  I'm running it on real hardware and I've just disabled NOD32 but still it happens...

• 8 months later...