McRip Server Down?

AshranPewter

OK, sounds good. On another topic, I'm trying to make a disc with tweaks i want and the updates integrated. I go through the whole process of 40 min and then try to open install.wim and "can't be opened as archive" which leads me to believe that it is corrupt. I try resave the image and remake it several times but I still have no luck and I'm not sure what to do or if there's certain updates I shouldn't be including. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

I go through the whole process of 40 min and then try to open install.wim and "can't be opened as archive" which leads me to believe that it is corrupt. I try resave the image and remake it several times but I still have no luck and I'm not sure what to do or if there's certain updates I shouldn't be including.

Rick's suggestion is very valid and I wholeheartedly agree with it, but here is something else to consider.  What are you doing. exactly, and which app, and which version, are you using when you get the "can't be opened as archive" message?  Besides getting that message, is there anything else that leads you to believe that the install.wim is corrupt?  Has this worked for you in the past using the exact same procedure and app as now?  If you are getting this error message using 7-zip or some other archiver program, have you tried a different one, ie maybe WinRAR or something, or at least made sure that you are using the latest version of the app?  You could also try an app meant more specifically to handle WIM files such as ImageX.exe from the Windows Automated Installation Kit.  In other words, your problem might not be in the making of the install.wim, but rather with the method you are using to try and open it.  Just a thought.

Cheers and Regards