[AddOn] Nero 8 DiscCopy Gadget (November 12-07)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://rapidshare.com/files/60795082/N8M_8110.rar.html

this archive contains an installer for nero micro v8.1.1.0, and the required files to get the disc copy gadget working for this version of micro. this version of micro contains nero burning rom, nero express, vcd support, and basic audio plugins.

to get it working:

1. run the installer (it takes about a minute to initialize, and yes you have to supply your own serial)

2. copy the "program files" folder to the root of your hard drive. it will copy all the required libraries to the "nero" and "common files" directories. i used universal extractor to extract all the CAB's from the official nero 8.1.1.0 installer, then extracted the files from the CAB's using winrar, picking out all the necessary files and deleting everything else.

3. use regsvr32 to register NeroAPI.dll. and rick, im leaving it up to you to make a nice little silent installer to do all this...im no good at making inf's :sweatingbullets:

and if anyone has any questions, please dont hesitate to ask :thumbsup_anim:

to ricktendo64-

NOTE 1: there may be a few extra files that aren't needed, but i did my best to grab everything that i either knew or was pretty sure the disc copy gadget needed. some libraries are from the last nero 7 build, and im not sure theyre needed...nero 8 may well have been changed to the point that files that the nero 7 gadget required are no longer necessary. if you want to remove a few and see if the gadget still works, let me know how it goes.

NOTE 2: if you decide to make another GCL addon, PLEASE test it to make sure it works with ALL applications that can use NeroAPI. DVDShrink has the ability to burn finished DVD projects directly with Nero, and foobar2000 can use Nero to burn CD's and image files of audio tracks. im aware that you and several people here were using Serpent0r's Nero Lite installer alongside the disc copy gadget...but serpent0r removed the digital signatures from all the files in his installer, which prevented dvdshrink and foobar2000 from burning with Nero.

• 4 weeks later...

downloaded nero 8 ultra then nero Gadget the gadget installed and works vary well has made it easy for me to burn all my backed up files to DVD with no problems thank you rick for your hard

work on this gadget really good job :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by ezemjcsd

I downloaded the nero 8 micro/lite Gadget & I can't get the gadget to work on Windows Vista, it worked just fine in XP!!

It tells me, "Windows Sidebar is not detected. Please install the Alky For Applications Windows Sidebar before continuing".

Am I doing something wrong here? I mean I've got the Windows Sidebar since I am running 100% Windows Vista, and I

have already installed Nero 8 Lite which is working just fine. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This has not been tested or meant for Vista sorry, I added that to my INF to stop the gadget from getting installed if certain pre-requisites aren't meant i.e. Alky and the Sidebar.

I could edit my INF for you but I remind you I have not tested this on Vista.

Here it is, this INF will not add any registry uninstall entries and it wont check for alky for applications or my XP sidebar

http://www.mediafire.com/?3yn0w99gywz

Thanks Rick, I'll let you know how it goes. Just as a thought, maybe you could work on this for vista as well since people will be installing the lite/micro versions of nero 8 which doesn't install the sidebar automatically. Otherwise if the nero lite packers read this board perhaps they could add it into the install.

Keep up the good work Rick!! B)

Done... If you look on the end of my 1st post you will find the NeroDiscCopy.Gadget (in gadget format) and a bonus installer that will install the necessary files to enable compatibility with Nero Lite or Micro on either Vista or XP.

Plz let me know if it worked on Vista.

when i tried with the .inf you gave me earlier it also said, "Windows Sidebar is not detected. Please install the Alky For Applications Windows Sidebar before continuing". I also can't get the NeroDiscCopy.Gadget (in gadget format) to work, tried renaming it to NeroDiscCopy.Gadget instead of NeroDiscCopy.Gadget.Rar then clicking on it says, "This is not a valid gadget package", unrarred it to the Gadgets folder in Vista and in the Add Gadgets box it doesnt show up. it is a real shame cos i liked the gadget on xp.

No bud, when I extract with with WinRar I get folders, not a NeroDiscCopy.Gadget. I re-packed the folders as .Gadget and clicking on that still says, "This is not a valid gadget package". Maybe it works with Alky for Applications Windows Sidebar but not on Vista. We need it to be recognised as a proper Vista Gadget.

Now we're getting somewhere. The gadget now installs under vista but now i am getting the infamous:

2. Critical Error

1. COM Server not found.

I have the NeroGadgetCMserver.exe (or whatever it's called) but have no idea how to register or if that even applies in Windows Vista.

Tried to download the .ini file that registers it but the sokoolz link is dead.

You have to download and install the Nero 8.1.1.3 Lite/Micro Compatibility Libraries, it installs and registers the Copy Medium Gadget Server

If it doesn't you have to extract the files from Nero8.1.1.3lmDiscCopyLib.exe (use 7zip)

- Copy NeroAPI.dll, NeroAPIEngine.dll and NeroAPIUnicode.dll to the Nero Burning Rom folder in %ProgramFiles% (you may have to register them with REGSVR32)

- Copy NeroGadgetCMServer.bin and NeroGadgetCMServer.exe to %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Nero\Lib and execute this command from a CMD or Run..

"%CommonProgramFiles%\Nero\Lib\NeroGadgetCMServer.exe" /RegServer

Off Topic: ALL links are working fine here m8

I downloaded the raw gadget since that is th only one that installs. Downloaded the compatibility libraries but that didn't seem to do anything, no neroapi.dll or any of the dlss you mentioned. I tried using WinZip 11 & WinRar, they do extract 7z files but neither of them wants to extract Nero8.1.1.3lmDiscCopyLib.exe, could u perhaps upload them in zip format for me please?

Thanks for your patience with this problem!

Edited by matt_0978

:thumbsup_anim: It is finally working in Vista!! :thumbsup_anim:

for anyone else wants to use it with nero8 micro/lite versions here is what I did:

downloaded rick's raw gadget and the http://www.sokoolz.com/addons/r64/Nero8.1....DiscCopyLib.zip extracted them into the folders as follows

- Copy NeroAPI.dll, NeroAPIEngine.dll and NeroAPIUnicode.dll to the Nero Burning Rom folder in %ProgramFiles% (you may have to register them with REGSVR32)

- Copy NeroGadgetCMServer.bin and NeroGadgetCMServer.exe to %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Nero\Lib and execute this command from a CMD or Run..

CODE

"%CommonProgramFiles%\Nero\Lib\NeroGadgetCMServer.exe" /RegServer

N.B. Command Prompt has to be Run as Administrator (right click..Run As..) before executing the Regsvr32 commands

also, NeroApiEngine.dll doesn't register but nevertheless the gadget works fine.

All credit goes to Rick. :icon_cool:

I would just like to say i was that close to installing a full (bloated) version of Nero 8 Ultra.

100% correct, NeroApiEngine.dll is not self registering.

Glad you got it working BTW

It will be easier next time now that you know what to do... And you can count on me, I will probably continue to update the raw gadget and upload the required nero files for you and any nero lite/micro users who might want them.

;)