[AddOn] Nero 8 DiscCopy Gadget (November 12-07)

Nero-GadgetFeature.jpg

neromb3.png

Nero 8.1.1.3 DiscCopy Gadget AddOn v1.1.102.0

Info: Copies CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and HD DVDs. Burns ISO, NRG, and IMG files via drag-and-drop.

AddOn includes a updated NeroGadgetCMServer.exe v1.2.0.0

download.png Updated November 12-2007

MD5: F753F1D00C488C19B5F5EE637D607FC8

Size: 17.9 MB

Download Nero: http://www.nero.com

Windows Sidebar AddOn: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1442

Nero 8.1.1.3 Lite/Micro DiscCopy Gadget AddOn v1.1.102.0

Info: For use with Nero 8 "Lite" or "Micro" by Acheron

download.png Updated November 12-2007

MD5: BFF416D4FB95C8105D4B52BB83C18A2F

Size: 18.8 MB

Download Nero 8 Lite or Micro: http://updatepack.nl/

Nero 8 Lite/Micro Forum: http://www.msfn.org/board/Nero_71012_8110_...ro_t102840.html

===================================================================

Nero 8.1.1.3 DiscCopy Gadget v1.1.102.0 (Gadget Updated Nov 12-2007)

Info: This is the Nero DiscCopy in ".Gadget" format. Used to install it on your Windows Vista or XP.

gadgetvr0.png Size: 17.0 MB

Nero 8.1.1.3 Lite/Micro Compatibility Libraries (Installer Updated Nov 12-2007)

Info: Some necessary gadget files are omited from Nero 8 "Lite" and "Micro", this installer will make the CopyGadget compatible with Nero 8 "Lite" and "Micro" by Acheron and it will also install the "Gadget Copy Medium Server".

Instructions: Install Nero 8 Lite or Micro. Install the DiscCopy Gadget (above) and finally install this.

nerorg6.png Size: 1.45 MB

Changelog:

November-12-07

- Updated all Gadget addons with libraries from 8.1.1.3

- Moved gadget from "Shared Gadgets" dir to the "Gadgets" (this is the location Nero 8 installs it to)

- Uploaded correct "raw" Gadget and updated compatibility libraries installer also

October-31-07

- Tweaked original Nero DiscCopy INF a bit

- Added version compatible with Nero 8 Lite and/or Micro

October-02-07

- Updated (works with Nero 8 only)

- DiscCopy Gadget updated v1.1.102.0

- Nero Copy Medium Gadget Server (NeroGadgetCMServer.exe) updated v1.2.0.0

September-19-07

Tweaked INF (now uses UpdateInis instead of RegisterDLLs used to lauch Sidebar.inf edit)

August-27-07

- Updated. INF will Edit Sidebar.inf to add Nero DiscCopy for Uninstall & Repair tasks

July-26-07

- Changed Uninstall from TASKKILL to TSKILL

- Now uses RegisterDLLs instead of RunPostSetupCommands to register self-registering Sever EXE

- Improved Gadget folder deletion

July-19-07

- Added Uninstall (tick "Show updates" box in order to un-hide)

- Added option to Re-Register Nero Copy Medium Gadget Server (NeroGadgetCMServer.exe) using the "Change" button (uninstalling and reinstalling Nero unregistered it, More Info)

- Some new INF tweaks & tricks

July-11-07

- Tweaked INF

- Removed obsolete Nero Lite/Micro compatibility libraries

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just in case some of you wanted add this to their unattedned install i made a silent installer witch must be run at runonce,it dosent work via svcpack.be sure to have integrated ricks sidebar addon first!set it in ure sidebar(install it in a live install and grab the current setting with SidebarGadgetSettings_Grabber.exe and now u can enjoy the gadget on very first boot.

b_dl_now.gif

yeah sorry, ididnt have time, with my new job and going fishin n stuff lol.i took to day off so ill prolly end up making it as an addon later today or tonight,ill make it so its gets added to runonce, not just as a sielnt install.

my addon for this

Edited by bober

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Rick, I am confused about how to use this as an addon.

If I want to use the gadget with a full install of nero 7, will I need to make my own addon out of the nero 7 trial install so that I will have nero 7 installed with the gadget?

You didnt explain the environment into which I would need to integrate the nero 7 full/trial gadget addon for it to function regarding the separate installation of nero7. Of course I need all of the sidebar files ie7,wmp11 etc... But I dont understand about the nero 7 install and where and how it is integrated.

Does the Gadget for the full/trial install come with the full/trial nero 7 silent install too, AIO?

The way the text presents the addon, I am inclined to think that this addon is meant to be used with a separate nero 7 full installation addon . If so, how do I make nero7 full switchless, or where do I get it?

I apologies in advance for the possibility that I have overlooked the very obvious. :sleeping_03anim:

Correct... You have to make your own Nero7 addon.

BTW the Nero installer does not give you the option on XP to install this gadget so that is why this addon is necessary, you can find a Nero autoit script on MSFN that you can use to make a silent addon of the latest Nero (just edit it with Key and your Options and put it in the same directory as the Nero-7 installer)

works perfectly :D

...maybe its only me but every time i restart, this gadget displays a "flyout" with version information for the gadget and nero api. not really a big deal, but it would be nice if there was a way to edit the scripts or xml files or something to stop this from happening.

i cant get this to work, i have installed the new Nero 7.10.1.0 Lite, when i right click on DiscCopy.inf and click install, it installs fine but the NeroAPI version is 0.0.0.0

Edited by haani

Where did you get the lite version?

I have to dl it and make the compatibility libraries installer, I had to do this for the previous lite and micro versions... BTW its not my fault it does not work, the fault is the makers of the Lite and Micro installers. They leave out some necessary files needed for the gadget.

ok that worked,thx.but i dont understand why the nero gadget cmserver service gets killed uppon install or uninstall of nero.the NeroGadgetCMServer.exe is not part of the nero install and dosent need nero to be installed for the gadget to run in the side bar.

I think Nero uninstall script does something like *.exe *.dll /UnRegServer or something of the sort unregistering all files in that folder, not sure

EDIT: I'm gonna update the addon so that you can re-register the gadget server using the change button in Add/Remove Programs (it will also be uninstallable)

hey thats really cool,ima chek the msi table of nero to see if i cant find the culprit.

edit:ok i think i found it if anyone wants to knowunder the SelfRegEx pane

NeroGadgetCMServer31BFBA71.exe	[SELFREG]::/RegServer	[SELFREG]::/UnregServer	1	999999999

but then,if the uninstaller unregisters NeroGadgetCMServer31BFBA71.exe,then why does ure version of the dependancie get witch is named NeroGadgetCMServer.exe gets afected?

Edited by ricktendo64
added codebox

Where did you get the lite version?

I have to dl it and make the compatibility libraries installer, I had to do this for the previous lite and micro versions... BTW its not my fault it does not work, the fault is the makers of the Lite and Micro installers. They leave out some necessary files needed for the gadget.

i got the lite version from demonoid.com

OK I downloaded the Nero Lite from Demonoid and I have a easy fix :)

For some strange reason Nero Lite does not use the "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib" directory for anything

Instructions:

- Copy, Paste and Execute this in a "Run" box to open this directory:

"%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib"

- Copy and paste these 2 files, NeroGadgetCMServer.bin & NeroGadgetCMServer.exe into

"%ProgramFiles%\Nero Lite\Core"

- Now Copy this into a "Run" box and Execute this to register the gadget server

"%ProgramFiles%\Nero Lite\Core\NeroGadgetCMServer.exe" /RegServer

- OK now you can delete "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib" directory with the old NeroGadgetCMServer.bin & NeroGadgetCMServer.exe, you don't need them anymore.

BTW I will make you Nero Lite users a modded INF file that you can easily replace the original addon to change the install location of the gadget server, in case you plan on integrating the Gadget along with Nero Lite in the future.

I just need to test the new INF first then I will update the addon and post a modded one for you Lite users to replace the original one with