does WT has driver number limitation?

adminxp

I tried to integrate about 2500 drivers - successfuly after installing OS all drivers installed for my hardware. IF i integrate 12000+ drivers after install OS some devices (for example intel ahci storage) does not install any of integrated drivers before. Even when i try to update drivers in device manager there is nothing i integrated in list.

Holy Crap that's a lot of drivers!  :omg:

I can't imagine what your DriverStore folder looks like.  It must be HUGE!

Typically, I only integrate critical chipset drivers and mass-storage drivers into the .wim files.  

Then I integrate all the drivers during post-install via our SAD (Stand-Alone Drivers Disc) utility via setupcomplete.cmd.

SAD discussion thread (and download): http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?pid=53470#p53470

If you integrate too many drivers then your "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore" folder will balloon out of control.  I don't know if there's a hard-limit but I'm pretty sure you broke it! ;)

*Edit

There's a max number of network filter drivers.  14.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/4deb27fc-33ce-4fc0-a26f-3fec5b57733d/is-there-a-maximum-number-of-network-filter-drivers-in-windows-7

Based on my research, I would like to answer you that the maximum number of network filter drivers in Windows 7 is 14. However, it is hard coded to allow 14 filter drivers. By default, the number is 8. To view the number or modify the number, please access the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\  MaxNumFilters

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

• 1 month later...