[Solved] Wintoolkit installer - Runs too early

Etz

Probably I ran into the very same issue: http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/10936-wintoolkit-install-apps-too-early/ :doh:

But in my occasion KB2592687 is listed as Silent installer...

EDIT: found the Culprit, its KB2574819 which doesnt like to be integrated, without it issue doesnt occure.

Edited by Etz

KB2574819 can be integrated & KB2592687 should be installed at first boot (add it in the silent install+sfx tab)

Nope, at least that caused early run for me, after I left both completely out it worked...

Even silent installing both caused problem, VC runtime errors on install.

Edited by Etz

KB2574819 (DTLS) must be installed before KB2592687 (RDP 8.0), maybe the error was because you have inversed the order, or maybe because a reboot is necessary between the two installations.

About a year ago, when the updates were released, I and others also had the problem of the installer running too early when we tried to integrate both, but I never encountered again with KB2574819 integrated and KB2592687 installed at RunOnce (always installed after VC++ Runtimes BTW).

If you install only requested updates (GDR), there is five (four for x86) updates who must be installed at RunOnce:

- KB931125 (rootsupd.exe)

- KB976002

- KB2533552

- KB2592687

- KB2603229 (x64 only)

You can see this topic for GDR only packs.

I believe there is more if you use McRip repository.

KB2574819-v2 is out by the way.

KB2574819 (DTLS) must be installed before KB2592687 (RDP 8.0), maybe the error was because you have inversed the order, or maybe because a reboot is necessary between the two installations.

I know that, still produced the issue hence, why I posted here in a first place.

KB2574819 is prerequisite for KB2592687 so ofc it has to be intergated/installed first and I didnt inverse that order.

Only KB2574819 was intergrated and KB2592687 was added as Silent Installer as you recommend but it still made WinToolkit installer to run too early.

After I removed KB2574819 all worked as expected (ofc I had to remove KB2592687 from Silent installers aswell).

Probably you are correct about reboot, as I recalled reboot via setupcomplete.cmd on earlier builds before Wintoolkit Installer was run and never had a problem with these two updates.

Unfortunately I had to remove it, as It caused some other odd issues.

Edited by Etz

Only KB2574819 was intergrated and KB2592687 was added as Silent Installer as you recommend but it still made WinToolkit installer to run too early.

If you use McRip repo, i'ts maybe caused by another update, I can't say as I don't use it.

If you use McRip repo, i'ts maybe caused by another update, I can't say as I don't use it.

Indeed, as I tested more I discovered it only happens in Conjunction with KB2847932 as this is also needs to be added as Silent installer, as it needs KB2592687 as prerequisite.

So it (KB2847932) needs to be installed after KB2592687 which itself depends on KB2574819-v2.

Looks like a real dependency hell... :doh:

KB2574819-v2 is out by the way.

I know and I actually use it, I just forgot to specify version number.

Anyway thanks for the hints, now this mystery is really finally solved... :dancing:

...always installed after VC++ Runtimes BTW...

Probably this is the only correct way, as VC Redist and NET Framework Installers "throw up", if you install KB2592687 before those... :ranting:

Edited by Etz

Indeed, as I tested more I discovered it only happens in Conjunction with KB2847932 as this is also needs to be added as Silent installer, as it needs KB2592687 as prerequisite.

So it (KB2847932) needs to be installed after KB2592687 which itself depends on KB2574819-v2.

Good to know you have found the culprit.

Looks like a real dependency hell... :doh:

Indeed.

Probably this is the only correct way, as VC Redist and NET Framework Installers "throw up", if you install KB2592687 before those... :ranting:

I always install .NET 4.5 (Ricktendo installer) after KB2592687 and never encountered any problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm doing a preliminary update on this because I am still running tests but I am running into the same problem with some new twists. I did an integration with the latest KUC and then ran the WinToolkit_1.4.34.2 to do my typical SFX part... basically the same as I was doing back in Nov... just newer tools and newer updates. I took a chance and integrated RDP 8.0 and 8.1 and sure enough the SFX went nuts BUT it didn't start early... just ran installers on top of each other and some didn't really run at all. I re-ordered some of the installers to see if it made any difference and the same crazy timing happened. I then decided to use WinToolkit141-27 and integrate them with that to see what happened.. sure enough the installer started too early just like the 1st pic above and failed on the DotNet install. Interesting to note is that their is no KB2847932 and I am using KB2574819-v2

image.jpgimage.jpgwterror.jpgwterror2.jpg
Edited by compstuff

Well so far not so good... I did a new KUC integration with no RDP 8.0/8.1 and then used WinTollKit 1.4.34.2 for the SFX again... the same thing happened where installers ran at the same time and some didn't install while others didn't install properly/completely.

The image below shows MSFixIt 50470 running which is actually the first item even before the 50531 which you can see at the top. It was running while MSXML4 installed

The other image shows VBCFL installer running while the MS CodecPack ran and the .Net installer ran while all of the other installers were running.

I am testing a WinToolkit141-27 run now also without RDP to determine if this is a problem with 1.4.34.2

image.jpgimage.jpg

EDIT:

I have just finished the test with WinToolkit141-27 and it ran perfectly and all my SFX items installed... I will create a bug report later... I can barely keep my eyes open now... need some sleep
Edited by compstuff

Yes that seems to be exactly what's happening and I can't exactly understand a clear pattern since some items install but not completely and don't work. It even SEEMS possible that if the timing was correct the RDP issue may not be a factor with the new installer... and don't ask me to expalin how or why but the new installer seems to have solved this problem as well: http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/11541-can-anyone-help-me-with-this/?p=101650 I had given up on it

So you're saying it's running the next installer before the previous has finished? If so, that's easy to fix :)

I am using the same .NET from Rick and it definitely does not install properly at all no matter where I put it in the order... yet it installs fine in the old WinToolKIt

I get the same message as compstuff, during install of FW 4.5.1 (Ricktendo, slim intl), but only sometimes and, I think, only if I'm working with the mouse (selecting SFX-Installers).

Thiersee

• 4 weeks later...

For Legolash2o

You need to set and give 3 seconds delay, until WinToolkit - RunOnce starts because he start in shadow and installs some Apps(top 5-6) without being seen ! :)

Am I right ?

Edited by KEiGHT

• 1 month later...

It's great it does that. There are some apps that aren't 100% compatible with Win Toolkit's RunOnce installer, like ricktendo's vc++ installer. Running that installer ''in the background'', before the Win Toolkit interface is up, solves the issue.

So I hope Lego doesn't change anything, otherwise I won't be able anymore to integrate that installer in my build.

Edited by RicaNeaga