Integrating updates for components you're removing?

Ultimist

I'm wondering what the install order is, when Windows gets installed. Specifically, I'm referring to Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64.

What happens if I integrate updates, but some of those updates are for components that I will be removing (or have already removed) with Win Toolkit? How does the Toolkit (or the Windows installer) decide what to do with my choices? It seems inappropriate to install updates for things I'm removing, but then what if the update also fixes other things?

Sorry, just a bit confused here. If I integrate an update for something already removed, or something I *will* be removing on this run, will integrating that update cause my removal not to work, or cause other problems since the thing it is meant to be updating is gone?

Any insight would be helpful.

Officially, the WinToolkit program does not "make" the decisions.  That is actually up to the program 'dism' of which WinToolkit uses.  As for the order, WinToolkit adds all updates first, then does the removals last.  Therefore, if anything needed an "update", it is already added before removal.