[Howto] Integrate IE11 with Win Toolkit ?

ccl0

With IE11 there is an issue (or I have one), no matter if integrated or normally installed:

This seems to be solved now :D:

probably (99%!) I did not see an AddOn I have to install; this time I see it, I allwed IE to install it, then I added microsoft.com and Microsoft's compatibility-list in the preferences for compatibility-view.

kuhcfc7txald.jpg

But, first of all, I did a reboot after installation!

That's all and I didn't use the script from mooms (thanks anyway)!

To this script:

1) I integrated it as SFX after the IE11 and I got the error, that a service necessary for it is not yet started

2) After installation and restart IE11 was only in english (installation-file definitely german)! No chance to switch it in german.

No problem if I start it manually after restart.

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

The script was found by Etz, I only made a sfx of it. The Microsoft page about it is here.

The main purpose of the vbs/sfx is to achieve MU opt-in unattended.

You should try it ,it is simpler than the way you describe (and no need to reboot, it's instantaneous).

1) The script was found by Etz, I only made a sfx of it. The Microsoft page about it is here.

2) The main purpose of the vbs/sfx is to achieve MU opt-in unattended.

3) You should try it ,it is simpler than the way you describe (and no need to reboot, it's instantaneous).

1) You're right, I'm sorry :confused02: !

2) OK.

3) I tried it: of course it' simpler, but I found now may way

BTW, I integrated now IE11 (with the cabs from Rick's post) with WTK and it works perfectly.

Thiersee

RicaNeaga: Never had a problem with KB2574819 & WinToolkit so for the moment I will keep it in the main packs.

I've neved had problems with KB2574819 either, but there are at least 3 users that solved their ''Win Toolkit runs too early'' problems by moving KB2574819 to the silent area. Look here and here. I'm always trying to be on the safe side... :)

LE: And thanks for the MU.zip, looks promising, I'll try it on the next build, hope it doesn't overwrite my autounattended option to ''never check for updates'' WU default option.

Edited by RicaNeaga

Thanks, Etz! :)

mooms - Again, about KB2574819 - Microsoft is now offering RDC / RDP 8.1 client funtionality under the KB2830477 ''umbrella'' (KB2574819-v2 (prerequisite), KB2830477 (RDC 8.1) and KB2857650 (RDC update)).

So I really think you need to move all the three above updates to the not integratable folder, and also delete the superseded RDP / RDC 8.0 updates KB2862019 and KB2592687.

btw, RDP 8.1 is client only, for people looking to install the host for RDP 8.0 they have to also install KB2592687 (RDP 8.0), hopefully WU won't offer also KB2592687 after RDC / RDP 8.1 is installed.

......Microsoft is now offering RDC / RDP 8.1 client funtionality under the KB2830477 ''umbrella'' (KB2574819-v2 (prerequisite), KB2830477 (RDC 8.1) and KB2857650 (RDC update)).

So I really think you need to move all the three above updates to the not integratable folder, .....

Sh.......t :ranting:!

I forgot exactly this "umbrella": I integrated KB2830477 and KB2857650 too and got exactly the error "WTK-Installer starting to early"!

But only the VC-installer has errors, the other not.

Thiersee

mooms - Again, about KB2574819 - Microsoft is now offering RDC / RDP 8.1 client funtionality under the KB2830477 ''umbrella'' (KB2574819-v2 (prerequisite), KB2830477 (RDC 8.1) and KB2857650 (RDC update)).

So I really think you need to move all the three above updates to the not integratable folder, and also delete the superseded RDP / RDC 8.0 updates KB2862019 and KB2592687.

btw, RDP 8.1 is client only, for people looking to install the host for RDP 8.0 they have to also install KB2592687 (RDP 8.0), hopefully WU won't offer also KB2592687 after RDC / RDP 8.1 is installed.

I've just seen your post. I would have liked to see it before, it would have saved me from making the same mistake than Thiersee...

I've added KB2830477 & KB2857650 in the RunOnce pack

Because KB2574819-v2 is a prerequisite for these two and KB2592687, I prefer to keep it integrated.

I think the issues your mentioned are caused by something else.

KB2592687 is still proposed as as optional update so I let it in the RunOnce pack.

Thank you for the infos.

• 2 weeks later...