(Help) Reusing Already Updated Wim Image to Integrate new updates

centi50

I Have made an Updated Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 DVD. Now my question is since microsoft releases multiple updates every month.

1. Can i use my last Updated Wim Image to Integrate new Updates?

2. how to choose only to Integrate the new updates without affecting other things which i did previously like lets say addons, tweaks, themes etc. i dont want to change those.

Any help will be Appreciated

Thank you

I have the same use case, so I have the same questions... or a little bit more :)

I've tried the following process:

1. With WIM Manager I removed all editions, except Ultimate from my Win7 x64 SP1 image

2. I integrated the newest Windows Update Agent (the 3 cab files) using All-In-One Integrator, then I created an ISO

3. I installed Win7 to a VirtualBox virtual PC, then I downloaded the new updates as .msu files using the Update Retriever

4. Using All-In-One Integrator, I integrated these updates to the image created in step 2.

5. again install to virtual pc, download updates and integrate them

6. and do it again...

I noticed that I got absolutely the same updates on the second and third retrieval. Moreover, I got some already integrated updates on the second retrieval.

I didn't use any custom settings. I didn't get any error messages during using WinToolkit. But this seems to be strange. What did I wrong?

Thanks your help in advance!

I Have made an Updated Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 DVD. Now my question is since microsoft releases multiple updates every month.

1. Can i use my last Updated Wim Image to Integrate new Updates?

2. how to choose only to Integrate the new updates without affecting other things which i did previously like lets say addons, tweaks, themes etc. i dont want to change those.

Any help will be Appreciated

Thank you

1. Yes

2. Just add the new updates, addons, etc.. to the integration list. No need to add anything already integrated to the new integration list.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been using Simplix pack to intergrate updates and wintoolkit to customize.

link: forum.oszone.net/thread-257198-16.html

however, its prob grabbing the index file from windows update and just downloading everything from it. thats why you get the same updates.

Thanks your reply!

Now I'm playing with sysprep, but I will check this Simplix package too.