what to do with blue marked drivers

gluka

Hello.

I put drivers in All In One inegrator, and some are blue marked - see picture below. Drivers are same, named: Designed for Vista, 7; Win 7; and XP or newer

Which one to remove?

Any suggestion will appreciate.

Thanks, gluka

post-55817-0-40152100-1386502140_thumb.p

If i remember correctly it means there is already an inf file in the list with the same MD5 (duplicate)

Yes, they are same version, same name, but located in various folders.

So, when I add drivers, in tab Drivers --> Designed For - one of them is designed for XP or newer and other one is designed for Win 7; one is designed for Vista, another is designed for Vista, 7.

That is so confusional for me, and don't know is it better to remove one of them, or leave them both.

Thanks,

gluka

When making a Windows 7 image, I've always deleted all 'Vista' only and 'Win8' only drivers. I always keep 'XP or newer', 'Win7', and 'Vista/7'. If I was making a Windows Vista image, then I would delete only the 'Win7' only and 'Win8' only drivers.

If you are doing this for Windows 7, then keep only the Windows 7 drivers.  For Windows 8, keep both the Windows 7 and Windows 8 drivers.  Very seldom does Windows 7 ever need the "XP" driver and the "Vista" driver only a bit more often.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Blue ones mean there is another inf file in the list with the same MD5.

So I'm assuming that if it is the same MD5, does that mean it will be the same exact identical driver ?  So therefore absolutely no need to have them both ?