Wintoolkit installer - Hide the window

malcolmx

Hello to everybody,

My today's question is whether or not The Wintoolkit installer window appearing during the Windows 7 install can be hidden, or not shown at all? ;)

I hope this is not a violation towards program's most honorable Author.

kind regards.

No, I'm not aware that this request is a violation of any kind, but I'm wondering why you want to do this.  This obviously only occurs once, at OS install, and if it was not there, I would think that sitting in front of an installing OS with no feedback as to what is happening or how much longer it will be before it is finished would be more disconcerting.  And if no one is sitting there watching it, then why do you care what is on the screen or not?  Even if you were to just use the standard MS install medium you still have status screens.  So what exactly do you not want to see, and what would you want in its place?  Or have I totally misunderstood your question?

Cheers and Regards

You did understood it wise,

and apart fro your delibatration's of why do I need to hide or why do I want to hide  - well, let's for the sake of possibility itself.

So -  not interested in one's guesses: can it be hid or not? If yes - how to accomplish this?

I think it's rude to ask considering win toolkit is free

The only reason I can see why you would want to do this is to take credit for the work win toolkit has done.

You get what you pay for and since you did not pay anything then you shouldn't get to hide what little credit there is for wintoolkit.

Another thread in which no solution was found to the problem. THis board is really living up to it's title.

I have menationed, that this could be found as a violation and I remain aware of that. No need to cast accusations Kelsenellenelvian.

How can I take credit for someone's work? Am I gonna sell my ISO on the streets? For me, hiding that window is more like thing having visual impact than anything else. Is it really so hard to understand?

As for bphlpt; it is surpising, how someone with such rank can be leaving such worthless posts.

As for bphlpt; it is surpising, how someone with such rank can be leaving such worthless posts.

What did I say wrong?

Your initial post was fairly clear, but I didn't understand your reason, so I asked some clarifying questions, including:

So what exactly do you not want to see, and what would you want in its place?

Which you chose to ignore. You did acknowledge that I seemed to understand your question, but you said:

So -  not interested in one's guesses: can it be hid or not?

To which I responded in the rather "worthless" way:

Well, I don't know so I won't guess.  Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

I suppose that post was not necessary, but my intention was to not have you feel that you were being ignored. I didn't want you to think that I wasn't answering your question just because you wouldn't answer mine.

But I guess that's the thanks I get.

Cheers and Regaards

And before anyone asks, even if an OS distribution or application is complete and "stock" and even if the MD5 matches a Technet distribution, if it is distributed by anything other than an officially approved channel, then it is considered warez, and we cannot support that as a board without risking retribution by AdSense and possible "remove" notices by the official owner of the OS or app.  So I have removed the offending contact info from public view in malcolmx's profile.

Cheers and Regards

I'd say more for "cosmetic" purposes. I don't add silent installer in wintoolkit, I add them in setupcomplete.cmd. I remember, that an older version had that window "hidden" somehow. 

Nobody is trying take away credit for Lego's work. C'mon! the whole world knows who designed  it! :D

If you don't want to see this window, then don't use Win Toolkit installer, it's rather obvious.

There are other ways like setupcomplete.cmd or WPIW to run commands at first login.

Personally, there is two things that "bother" me with Win Toolkit installer:

- The text is in English with no possibility to translate.

- The list of installers can only be modified in the registry, a text file would be more convenient.

- The list of installers can only be modified in the registry, a text file would be more convenient.

I agree these both seem to be worthwhile enhancements to Win Toolkit.

Cheers and Regards

I think these should be posted to Legolash2o so that he could possibly work on them.  I use english, but I think a multilingual program is a worthwhile goal.  As for the installers, it would worth it to do, but probably not too easy to implement.

It's not possible, sorry.

One worhty input here. no wonder it came from Lego  who is professional, unlike funny people like kels and the other one who are making a deal out of nowhere. Shame on you, and none of your business what do I do in MY FREE TIME, and ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE.

malcolmx: What is your contribution to this community except asking and ranting ?

All the guys here are helping and contributing FOR FREE, is it too much to ask to be courteous and respectful ?

Was I not courteous and respectful at the beginning of this?

My contribution? Ask around.