wintoolkit error while removing

NewOne

hello,

im using the latest build (1.4.1.28) and at

All-in-one-Integrator im getting this error while removing (2 from 50 -->BitLocker Drive Encryption)

7d35epo8.png

after clicking at ok this windows opens:

yu7wt4l6.png

and than wintoolkit is frozen and i need to terminate the process

operating windows is windows 7 ultimate (and i want to remove also from a windows 7 ultimate)

i dont use any antivirus or firewall

Edited by KrX

i tried again and after this error showed up i clicked on and winreducer went on

i got the same error while removing :

Clips In The Library

but i need to say i removed earlier some components with some other tools (BUT all the other things were removed without problems)

... but i need to say i removed earlier some components with some other tools (BUT all the other things were removed without problems)

Regardless that "all the other things were removed without problems", unless you have the same issues without using "some other tools", I would tend to blame the problems on the "other tools".  Since Win Toolkit uses official methods to remove components, which in general does not actually remove the components from the install source, but rather just doesn't install them, while other tolls often use tricks to rip out the components from the install source itself, I would assume that Win Toolkit is looking for something that is no longer there.  It is usually not suggested to use more than one tool to modify an install source, especially remove components, but if you insist on doing so you could try to use the tools in the other order, ie use Win Toolkit first and the other tool after using Win Toolkit.

Cheers and Regards

ok i tried it again with an untouched iso and all went well (no errors)

but its a bit strange that after using other tools that remove components and after that using wintoolkit errors are showing up from :

Clips In The Library

BitLocker Drive Encryption

i did remove that with the other tools, YES, but i did remove also things  like DVD Maker and other stuff and wintoolkit didnt show an errors

it would be nice if that could be fixed :P

And you might want to ask Microsoft to fix it then.  WinToolKit uses an official tool provided by Microsoft to perform "official" actions on an installation disc.

As a side note:  It is not possible to remove items "officially" in Windows 7.  In Windows 8, the 'Dism' tool has been improved enough to do this with only Windows 8 and above.

And you might want to ask Microsoft to fix it then.  WinToolKit uses an official tool provided by Microsoft to perform "official" actions on an installation disc.

As a side note:  It is not possible to remove items "officially" in Windows 7.  In Windows 8, the 'Dism' tool has been improved enough to do this with only Windows 8 and above.

no, i meant with fixed if this error could be fixed in winreducer so it wount be shown (because on other components its also not shown)

... but its a bit strange that after using other tools that remove components ...

Since the methods that some of the other tools use are a bit of a "hack", and they sometimes literally "rip" things out of the install source, (since MS does not provide an official way to remove those things), I think it is surprising that some of the other tools work as well as they do. They are just not consistent in their success, but that is also likely doe to the hodgepodge mess that MS OS has become as they have continually added onto the previous versions. Remember,

Windows 95/98 is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

And, in some ways it has only gotten worse. (We're up to 64 bits now.)  :)

no, i meant with fixed if this error could be fixed in winreducer so it wount be shown (because on other components its also not shown)

Then you should post that request in a forum for winreducer, or whatever the other tool is that you are using.  Have you tried using the other tool after Win Toolkit, and if so what was the result?  If there are still errors I would still blame the other tool, but I'm just curious.

For the benefit of others that want to remove as much as possible from Win7, (I am not one of them since I've seen too many problems), you might want to start another informational thread and list everything you have been able to successfully remove, by which tool and in what order.  A mini tutorial if you will.  You should also list any problems that still exist and all features that no longer work, or options that are no longer there, since they were removed, regardless if that was the intention or not.  Others could comment on their own methods and their successes or problems,  Just a thought.

Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

Unless you're willing to upload a modified wim image just before the point you would usually try and remove Clips in the Library and DriveLocker, there's nothing I can really do.

As mentioned above, other tools tend to just hack an image to bits.