[Solved] Win Toolkit Latest Release Question

Ghost360

Hello there everyone, happy holidays! First off BIG thank you for this tool, it is awesome and I know it takes a lot of work to make this work. My question is that lately I have been noticing that the Win Toolkit Install doesn't kick in at the first Login, its always kicks in at (Completing Installation). I have noticed this in the last couple of build release. I have done some research in this forums and the latest I have read is that it has something to do with 2 KB Updates, is this still true? or am I doing something wrong? I have read that the Win Toolkit should always kick in at the First Login, but I am not seeing this. If someone can point me to what the heck I am doing wrong, that would be awesome or what I need to do to fix this issue, thank you in advance.

Josh 

I have seen a similar (maybe the same?) problem: the first 3 or so KB updates set as silent installers fail, as if they were started too soon. I am integrating KB2574819, then setting KB2592687 for silent install. I'm not installing KB2830477. The weird thing is that it did NOT fail when I did a complete run of WinToolkit with a virgin Win7 x86 image. It failed when I did a 2nd run of WinToolkit to add more Silent Installers. That is, I is used the image from the first run, with no updates, just the Options, Tweaks and Silent Installers. I set the option to delete Silent Installers so the new list Silent installers list was created.

My work around was to do a 3'rd run with other non-KB silent installers at the start of the list (e.g. Silverlight, Java, Flash, etc) instead of having KB installs at the start of the silent installers list.

Clark.

I will find out which one over the weekend and block it from integrating and instead go to the silent installers list.

Don't bother. ALL of them are generating such issues, reports are all over the forums. As you can see from clarkg888 above, even KB2574819 can generate such issues, when ''in cohoots'' with other tweaks, silent installers etc

I think maybe it's best not to waste any time and add them all to the silent area by default. :)

I have an idea which will hopefully fix the issue. Basically if the WinToolkit detects that it is on the 'completing installation' phase it will re-add to the runonce and just abort there an then. 

I can't even download KB2830477, its no longer on Microsoft's website :(

Important We received some feedback which indicates that redirected smart cards in remote sessions may not work after the update is installed. Therefore, we temporarily removed this update from Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center. We are investigating the issue, and we will re-release the update if it is necessary. This KB will be updated when we re-release the update.