Review 14.1.29 beta2/beta3

wela

Hi

I tested the beta2 with german Win7 x64 pro and IE11 as .cab version. The settings and .ini i used are taken from 1.4.1.27 which works without problems.

IE11.cab is marked as Z1, the needed files are Z2-6 and Z7 is the newest IE11 Update. All these files are stored in a subfolder beside the normal windows-updates.

All went fine, no problems at any step of installation. No missing files on WU.

Hope this helps

Best regards

wela

Edited by wela

1 (small) bug more, sorry.

With WTK 1.4.1.29_beta3 there is an issue during installing by WTK-Installer: installing McRipSystemFiles this error comes and stops installation, hitting OK continues it

x26amz5oq41.jpg

The error refers to Java; after completing installation java has been installed.

With WTK 1.4.1.27 (WTK-Installer 1.4.1.25) NO ISSUE!

Thiersee

Lego, about the above mistake, please also test ricktendo's popular .net 4.5.1 installer - I ALWAYS get errors for x64 builds with it, when running it with the usual silent switch /y 

On x86 build everything is always ok. Maybe it has something to do with the latest .7z SFX, that ricktendo started to use some time ago (~then the errors started, and not only with Win Toolkit's First Logon Installer).

Lego, about the above mistake, please also test ricktendo's popular .net 4.5.1 installer - I ALWAYS get errors for x64 builds with it, when running it with the usual silent switch /y 

On x86 build everything is always ok. Maybe it has something to do with the latest .7z SFX, that ricktendo started to use some time ago (~then the errors started, and not only with Win Toolkit's First Logon Installer).

Test to split installer and change sfx module... If you run the installer manually, it works fine...?

Regards... ;-)

p.d.: correct swith is -y not /y

The switch is /y, not -y  :icon_cool:

@Legolash Please disregard my previous post, I confused .net 4.5.1 with vc++ aio installer (this one). Again from ricktendo, again popular, again /y regular switch.

You can see the error here. It's a long-time-unsolved error probably caused by your RunOnce script, as on a live x64 system it installs without issue, and also on an x86 image when integrated (as silent installer via Win Toolkit), again, no issue.

The only time this kind of error appears is when the vc++ installer from ricktendo is integrated via Win Toolkit as a silent installer in a x64 windows 7 image. Again, I didn't bother to re-check with the latest beta, I'm 100% sure you can re-create it with your latest build. And hopefully solve it... :)

zbDzmoL.jpg

With 7z-sfx I always use -y switch to silent mode install... I see that /y switch work too... X-D

Tried with 7z-sfx x64 module...? other option is install .Net Framework to image and capture it, I use that mode... I'm not expert, only try give any idea...
Regards... ;-)

Edited by alfreire