RunOnce Installer

Legolash2o

1. (IMHO Must Have / short term) To make sure it works with ricktendo's latest vc++ and .net 4.5.1 installers, when integrated as silent installers on both x86 and x64 builds.

2. (IMHO Must Have at some point / Medium term) To have an option in AIO that may enable the user after first logon to have a checkbox and have the opportunity to skip certain installers (according to his preference).

I'm asking this because let's say I'm making a windows 7 build for me, that has a ''large'' number of installers, but I'm giving it to a friend that maybe desires not to have installed all those apps.

I mentioned some kind of switch in AIO, so this checkbox interface is optional - maybe a sys admin wants everything installed silently, without interuption.

Also, and this is kind of very optional, maybe the silent installer list could be split into two separate lists: one that are installed first, and cannot be unchecked (let's say .net 4.5.1 and vc++), and another list with installers that can be unchecked (like not-so-important apps like adobe flash etc). Or maybe from the start to mention (in AIO) the installers that can be checked / unchecked (during first logon) via the checkbox list. So in this way the ones that aren't mentioned as ''uncheckable'' are installed no-matter-what :)

3. (IMHO Must have at some point / long term, hopefully asap) To also solve this important request. As I mentioned there, such a solution can make use of both driver integration via DISM from AIO (with a small number of drivers, that are very important), and a solution that runs at first logon, that has ALL the other drivers needed for windows 7 for ANY device (hundreds of drivers), and it hand-picks only the ones needed for the system.

This is a dream actually, this is what is achievable right now with the driverpacks app ONLY in windows xp installation process, and probably can also be achieved in windows 7 via drvinst.exe (Lego, please read the discussion on that thread from here)

Edited by RicaNeaga

I have two requests, in order of importance:

1. Make the list of executed apps inside an text file instead of inside the registry to allow easier editing.

Ideally in the root of the installed apps folder, so it can be easily edited after (no need to mount the wim file), in case of mistake/new versions/etc....

2. Allow translation for the RunOnce installer. Again a specifically named text file seems a good idea.

There is only a few sentences to translate, so it can be embedded in the exe I suppose.

I can help, at least for French translation.

I also support the requests of RicaNeaga.

+1 for always install and optional check/uncheck for additional apps to install.

2. (IMHO Must Have at some point / Medium term) To have an option in AIO that may enable the user after first logon to have a checkbox and have the opportunity to skip certain installers (according to his preference).

I'm asking this because let's say I'm making a windows 7 build for me, that has a ''large'' number of installers, but I'm giving it to a friend that maybe desires not to have installed all those apps.

I mentioned some kind of switch in AIO, so this checkbox interface is optional - maybe a sys admin wants everything installed silently, without interuption.

Also, and this is kind of very optional, maybe the silent installer list could be split into two separate lists: one that are installed first, and cannot be unchecked (let's say .net 4.5.1 and vc++), and another list with installers that can be unchecked (like not-so-important apps like adobe flash etc). Or maybe from the start to mention (in AIO) the installers that can be checked / unchecked (during first logon) via the checkbox list. So in this way the ones that aren't mentioned as ''uncheckable'' are installed no-matter-what :)

There is already a feature where you can have some software ALWAYS install and then the user selects optional installs.

3. (IMHO Must have at some point / long term, hopefully asap) To also solve this important request. As I mentioned there, such a solution can make use of both driver integration via DISM from AIO (with a small number of drivers, that are very important), and a solution that runs at first logon, that has ALL the other drivers needed for windows 7 for ANY device (hundreds of drivers), and it hand-picks only the ones needed for the system.

This is a dream actually, this is what is achievable right now with the driverpacks app ONLY in windows xp installation process, and probably can also be achieved in windows 7 via drvinst.exe (Lego, please read the discussion on that thread from here)

+1 for drivers detect and install as need

I would suggest talking with mr_smartepants about including the SAD2 script or its logic to accomplish this function.

Cheers and Regards

How about I just use DISM or whatever to install drivers, however if it detects 'DP_Install_Tool.cmd' in the drivers folder it will run that instead?

In regard to the GUI design and layout, it's going crap so I'm going to take myself out for a nice meal to ponder it's design. At the moment I'm thinking to make it install files whilst it waits for YOU to pick your installs (if any) so it won't take as long. I could probably make it install drivers at the same time.

Great! But also don't forget about sys admins, that may need everything silent and no-checkbox-slowing-things-down. :) So two alternatives - either the app has a checkbox during first logon, and this is chosen during adding to the silent installers list in AIO, either is completely silent with a switch - this I think is the best way :)

And thank you very much for also considering driver installing. Fantastic! Sorry I can't help besides giving some ideas and later by testing :)

Great! But also don't forget about sys admins, that may need everything silent and no-checkbox-slowing-things-down.

That's already available. Just make sure your silent installers are set to 'Always Install' or whatever that checkbox says.

Here's what I've got so far:

Selection Screen

post-10183-0-92137200-1388936934_thumb.p

If you decide to allow users to select what software they want, they will see a screen like this. Once they have selected what they want, they will go to the queue.

Installation

post-10183-0-51794700-1388936944_thumb.p

Whilst the first screen is open, the RunOnce is installing drivers and software which get installed no matter what. That way software is being installed whilst you select.

Thoughts?

Looks great! Not only the interface, but also the entire process description. :)

Question: So I can have a driver database folder somewhere in the installation media (usb stick, iso, dvd whatever) and Win Toolkit Runonce scans automatically through them and installs only the ones needed? If yes, what's the solution implemented (just curious)? :)

If there is a "Drivers" folder on the root, it will scan all *.inf, not sure how to detect if a driver is needed or not... I think dpinst detects if it is needed or not so I will use that. If it detects a sad2 script then it will run that INSTEAD (assuming I add SAD2 support).

No idea what SAD2 does lol.

Also if you have allowed a user to select programs and the computer has been idle for 10 minutes, it will close the RunOnce after drivers and automated software is installed.

#Lets you specify the configuration of the installers#InstallDir is where your apps are located#DriverDir is which directories to scan for inf files#Reboot makes RunOnce reboot Windows after completion#ShowBrowse will show folder browse dialog if no source is detection[Config]INSTALLDIR=E:\WinToolkit_Apps2INSTALLDIR=E:\WinToolkit_Apps3INSTALLDIR=WinToolkit_AppsINSTALLDIR=Sources\AppsDRIVERDIR=Sources\Drivers2DRIVERDIR=E:\Sources\DriversREBOOT=FALSESHOWBROWSE=TRUE#Things which will always get installed. Anything after * is a switch i.e. /S /Q /Silent[Automatic]ISO-Workshop=%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\ISO-Workshop2\ISO-Workshop.exe*/S#User will be asked to choose which of the following apps to install.[Manual]

You can now have a install.ini file within your sources folder. :P When you have InstallDir added multiple times, it will scan all locations for the exe so you can have files scattered if need be.

If a location doesn't have a drive specified it will scan the roots of all driver until a match is found. Drivers install pretty fast too and only install the needed ones :P

Also, if manuals are listed and the user hasn't moved the mouse, etc.. after 10 minutes, it will continue with the windows installation with just drivers/automatics installed.

Hi Lego,

Tested beta 5 with Home Premium X86 French:

Integration was OK, but I had two errors with RunOnce installer:

error1:

140106032527936293.png

It is the Root Update installer by Microsoft that can be downloaded here:

http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe

Works fine with Win Toolkit 1.4.1.27 or if launched manually (without any switches).

Command line options ( "/Q" is not needed to launch it silently)

140106034733988218.png

Error 2 (it seems the switch "/S" was not passed to the setup)

140106032756151735.png

This is an AIO switchless installer made with my maker.

Again, works fine in Win Toolkit 1.4.1.27 or if launching "manually" (tested the installer in the same virtual machine).

Also, I have found that the silent installer of Flash Player (made with my maker) only installed the plugin version, not ActiveX one.

This one is weird because the Active X version is supposed to be installed before the Plugin version.

Again, works fine in Win Toolkit 1.4.1.27 or if manually launched.

140106033723733959.png.

There is a problem with the new Runonce installer, in particular with switches not passed to the setups.

The last two problems have in common to be 7-zip SFX installer, but nearly all installers you can see in the last image are similar and as you can see they have been installed.

Others programs and updates installed fine.

New function with "Drivers" folder seems to work, but as it is a virtual machine I can't really say.

Log have been uploaded to you after the completion.

Logs and last session on my disk: WinToolkit141-29Beta_5.zip

Thanx - but there are still a couple of things I don´t understand:

• If I understand the above correct there i both a posibility to install software AND scan for their drivers
  • And then there is "feature where you can have some software ALWAYS install and then the user selects optional installs."
  • And the scanning of which hardwaredrivers that are needed/not needed.

I do understand that could have got this wrong - so please understand my confusion.

Edited by sweden8

Exist "Silent-Mode" or a "compact-window-mode"?

I mean a option to set that the RO-Installer work without protocoll-window or a smaller version without info what it install.

Otherwise known as "silent installers", - can that be possible for it? That would be greatfull.

Greez

Exist "Silent-Mode" or a "compact-window-mode"?

I mean a option to set that the RO-Installer work without protocoll-window or a smaller version without info what it install.

Otherwise known as "silent installers", - can that be possible for it? That would be greatfull.

Greez

Actually I am going to plus 1 this.

A option to just have a small window that simply says something like "Your drivers and extra programs are installing now." with the toolkit logo might be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to download the standalone version RunOnce Installer? 

Is the program ROU is part WinToolkit or occurs as a standalone? 

Long looking for a program that would allow control over the installation of programs in a specific order. 

As if he still had the option Close / Hibernate / Suspend it already would be an indispensable tool. 

In general, a respect for the work involved in the program.