[Solved] WinToolkit on XP: can't integrate IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe

clarkg888

I am running WinToolkit on Windows XP Pro 32bit. I have been able to integrate the IE11 cab (Windows6.1-KB2841134-x86.cab) fine, but I decided to test integrating the .exe with the Test7 beta. I got this error:

...IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I don't expect this can be fixed. This is just a notice to anyone else that is still using XP that you'll need to use the IE11 .cab to integrate.

Clark.

I had the same problem when running a new version of some custom company product on Win XP Pro. It appears that a compile with VS2010 works fine, while VS2012 (or later?) will result in this type of error message. So the exe is probably looking for a dependency, which is not present in Win XP.

Regards, Eric666

Edited by Eric666

I don't think the compiler itself is the actual problem, but the dependencies in the resulting exe. Mentioned MS exe files are also built by VS201x as an installation/deployment isn't it (quite a noob on that subject, correct me if I'm wrong). In VS one can adjust a multitude of settings, and maybe one of those causes the problem, maybe it is even the version of the MSI installer of the target OS.

Seems that your settings for making a build are not offensive to XP ;-) Just my 2c, as I saw the same error happening a completely different context.

Regards, Eric666

Edit: Maybe Clarkg888 can check the IE 11 exe dependencies using a tool like dependency walker?

Edited by Eric666