Java Multi Maker

mooms

This is a script to repack JRE (Java Runtimes) setups into a silent 7zip SFX installer.

Current version (for Java 8u73 and newer) (could work on XP if you use a custom build of aria2)
JAVA-Multi_Maker_3.5.zip
MD5: 7716dddd8c576f0d002e6ddeb43d1ac6
SHA-1: 495cf642bf73571bca97179e63ab28c88ca2f5f1
Size: 3.79 MB

How to use:
- Extract the archive in a work folder with no space in the path.
- Run the batch file.
- Choose the version you want to use.
The script will download the newest JRE automatically. If there is a problem with the download (or if you don't have access to Internet), you can also put the desired version(s) in the same folder than the script, it will always use the greater version found in the folder.

Notes:
- To avoid errors, the SFX will uninstall any previous Java version(s) newer than JRE 6.0 Update 22 before installing the new one(s).
nLite/RVMi Addons are no longer created
- It's highly recommended to NOT install Java web plugins, they are plagued with many vulnerabilities, but using Java locally is rather safe.
- You can use the uninstall tool for Java to remove (very) old versions.

Available switches:
GUI version:
-ai   - Silent install with Web plugins
-ai1 - Silent install without Web plugins

noGUI version:
no switch - Silent install without Web plugins
-ai            - Silent install with Web plugins

------------------------------------

Beta version for Java 9/10 (obsolete)

JAVA-Multi_Maker_4.0b4.zip

MD5: 203c7e514414c932ff847d3d8dac5fa4
SHA-1: 93fc856e026fc42298ebc8e76bba338f21c1704a
Size: 800KB

How to use:
You have to download the Java 9/10 setup(s) from here (x64)  | mirror x64 | mirror x64 | mirror x86 .
- Copy the setup(s) in the "JRE_setups" folder
- Launch "_JAVA_Multi_Maker.cmd".

Available switches:
No switch (default) - Silent install without Web plugins. Remove any previous Java version(s).
-ai   - Silent install with Web plugins. Remove any previous Java version(s).
-ai1  - Silent install without Web plugins. Remove only previous Java 9 version(s).
-ai2   - Silent install with Web plugins. Remove only previous Java 9 version(s).

Tested on Windows 7 & 10 x64, everything works as intended.
Please test and report how it works for you.

Old version (for Java 8u20 up to 8u72) (works on XP)
JAVA-Multi_Maker_3.0.zip
MD5: d89eec93311acedd842c6378ed630734
Size: 1.29 MB

Old version (for Java 6, 7 and 8 before 8u20)
JAVA-Multi_Maker_1.3a.zip
MD5: 8d592f99c2b25e2c4404203af0b4d082
Size: 373 KB
How to use:
- Download the x86 and/or x64 Offline setup of Java 6/7/8 and put it in the same folder.
- Run the batch file.
The maker will perform an admin install of Java and repack them inside a 7zip SFX.

Notes:
- The install is passive by default, use a switch if you want silent install.
- To avoid errors, the SFX will uninstall any previous Java version(s) newer than JRE 6.0 Update 22 before installing the new one(s).
- Update check and Java quick starter are disabled (JQS doesn't exist in x64 anyway).
- It's highly recommended to NOT install Java web plugins, they are plagued with many vulnerabilities, but using Java locally is rather safe.
- You can use the uninstall tool for Java to remove (very) old versions.

Available switches:
-ai   - Silent install with Web plugins
-ai1 - Silent install without Web plugins

Hi, mooms.

It's too much to explain but is 100 % reproducible.

Try this experiment:

1. Install latest versions by originall installers, than run your Dual installer. Error. Uninstall from Control Panel works OK.

2. Run your Dual installer than look in Control Panel, icons OK. Run the second time your Dual installer, all OK, look in Control Panel, NO icons. Now uninstall from Controll Panel, RunDLL error. Leftover in Program Files.

Hi ianymaty,

I can reproduce the install error in 1, but I can't reproduce the RunDLL & no Icons issue in 2.

I think the error in 1 is because previous install was not an admin install, I suppose the solution should be to uninstall any previous Java versions before installing this one, but I don't know if it could be done automatically and silently.

Can you test if you have the same issue with the installers from Kels or user_hidden ?

Unfortunately all the installers do the same.  :(

When you run it second time on top of the first installation = no Control Panel icons and if you uninstall it from Control Panel complains of RunDLL and leftovers in Program Files.

4zx2.png

The original installers if runed second time it prompts that you have the same version installed. Click OK to install again and no problems in CP with icons and uninstall.

In the process as I see it runs the uninstall than a little window with some yellow comes up so briefly I can't read it is probably some warning but in the end all is OK.

So the process can be implemented as both problems are related to uninstall than reinstall since the original installer can do it right.

Hope this helps.

@ianymaty:

My guess is this is because the first install was a regular install, then the second and third ones are admin install.

I'm not sure it can be fixed easily, unless someone found a way to automatically uninstall all previous Java versions before installing the new ones.

I will add a warning in the first post to uninstall previous Java versions if they are not admin install.

Version 1.2 of the maker: better compression of the installers, thanks to user_hidden.

That used to work for updating only on v6.

However, I have been researching for the past hour and according to this:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/windows/jre-installer-options.html

All of the switches that we use are depreciated and no good anymore.

After running tests we really only need to ad /qn or /qb! now everything else has been changed and fixed.

I have found the same page when searching for install switches and, indeed, the switches we use are deprecated (but still works).

Do you know if  there is a difference between /s and /qn ?

I will update the maker, and maybe adding the option to install the web plugins or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the time to work on this !

Version 1.3 of the maker:

- Only one script now, it will automatically create x86/x64/dual version of SFX & AddOn based on installer(s) found in the folder.
- Replaced 7z.exe/7z.dll with 7za.exe
- Changed the install switches for better compatibility with recent Java install.
- Slightly changed the install GUI.
- Added -ai1 switch to install Java without Web plugins.
- The SFX will uninstall previous Java version(s) to avoid problems.

If you have any problems with uninstalling previous Java version(s), run JavaRa

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,

=== Process ===

I have downloaded "JAVA-Multi_Maker_1.3.zip" .
I went to Java's site , i was unable to DL something .
Using this link http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=83383
I have DL "jre-7u51-windows-i586.exe" .
I think , I have to uncompress the previous zip file ,
and create a new one including "jre-7u51-windows-i586.exe" .

How can i use this in the unattend process ?

===============

Regards .

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i get this error when i start the batch:

post-58870-0-34588600-1394653780_thumb.p

no idea what to to do about it.

the file is there but its not really created since it's taking 0kb.

if i cancel the setup continiues but only the x64 installer is included in the aio setup.

Edited by Profess0r1011000

Try to move the work folder in the root of your drive.

that didn't work. tried several roots to be shure but with no luck. but since im the only one who is experiencing this it must be my config. i'll try it in a vm tomorrow

hmm. i have the same problem in a vm :\ didn't expect that.. the windows i'm running all of this on is a slimmed down windows 7 image. removed all the "safe" parts with wintoolkit. and messed with the services as well. there might be some backend process needed for something of this thats causing the error.. i didn't think that would be an issue when testing it in a virtual machine but who kows.. i've had som issues with other programs as well but most of them are network related. i'm working on a new build and will post back when i'm trying this again on a more stable os  :P

post-58870-0-47175400-1394916516_thumb.j

Edited by Profess0r1011000