Java Multi Maker

mooms

Version 2.4 is out

What's new:

- Removed the function to delete Java Quick Start Service: it doesn't exist anymore in Java 8
- Avoid the warning with UPX if Java x86 is already uncompressed
- Optimized the script

@stashmajcherc:

Lol ! Glad it finally worked for you.

@Thiersee:

UPX warning is now avoided by checking the file size before calling it.

Hello mooms, script runs fine. Can you suggest me what to modify, so when selected Dual install with NoGUI, the default behavior to be - install java with webplugins and -ai switch to force it without webplugins?

I looked into ":Config_Dual_2" section, but not sure what exactly to change in it. Is it only change values of WEB_JAVA=1 for enabled?

10x in advance

Edited by Boskorp

Version 2.5 is out.
What's new:

- Added the arguments WEB=SPONSORS=0 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 to avoid the risk to install adwares with futures updates of Java and deactivate the sending of usage stats (thanks to Strych9)
- Optimized the script.

@Boskorp: Yes, it this that:

WEB_JAVA=1 Web Plugins enabled
WEB_JAVA=0 Web Plugins disabled

Starting with v2.5, I use variables to set the commands, so you can invert  the WEB_JAVA values in %WEB% and %NOWEB% variables to invert the behavior globally:

from this:

set WEB=SPONSORS=0 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 WEB_JAVA=1set NOWEB=SPONSORS=0 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 WEB_JAVA=0

To this:

set WEB=SPONSORS=0 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 WEB_JAVA=0set NOWEB=SPONSORS=0 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 WEB_JAVA=1

Or locally by inverting %WEB% & %NOWEB% in the desired SFX config file
From this:

ECHO RunProgram="jre_inst.msi /qn %NOWEB%">> "AIO.cfg"ECHO RunProgram="x64:jre64_inst.msi /qn %NOWEB%">> "AIO.cfg"

To this:

ECHO RunProgram="jre_inst.msi /qn %WEB%">> "AIO.cfg"ECHO RunProgram="x64:jre64_inst.msi /qn %WEB%">> "AIO.cfg"

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note:

Java 8 is now compatible with XP (at least since 8u25).

The maker is also compatible, it can even create dual or x64 installers on XP, because since v2.3 it don't need to run the installers anymore.

Be careful, those switches have been implemented rather recently, so older Java 6/7 releases don't support them:

SPONSORS=0, if used, entirely bypasses sponsor offers such as browser add-ons. This field is available as of the 7u55 release. Note that sponsor offers, and therefore this functionality, is only applicable to online 32 bit JRE installers and Auto Update mechanisms.

Source

I will not update 1.4 anyway, it is less needed since Java 8 is now compatible with XP.

@mooms - How can I edit your maker so that the Java Dual installer will not create Java folder in the start menu programs? Thanks for creating Java maker.

Edit:

I just add:  set WEB=SPONSORS=0 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 WEB_JAVA=1 NOSTARTMENU=1

set NOWEB=SPONSORS=0 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 WEB_JAVA=0 NOSTARTMENU=1

Edited by jgp

• 6 months later...

8u60 - not packed with UPX error

Update: Solved

First I got this (screen is from second attempt, wheres the files were already downloaded from the first):

ADpRdNe.png

So after couple of tries I got it work as regular on another computer. Still figuring out the problem, suspecting the security suite bugs WGET.

Edited by Boskorp

The UPX error is because it was already unpacked on the first run.

The second eror is from 7zip and is related with memory, it can't allocate enough.

You can change the 7zip parameters to use less memory, it is explained in the cmd file, open it with notepad.

• 2 weeks later...

UPX error is harmless, it is because you've already uncompressed the setup on a previous run, delete all installers and you will not see the error.

But it creates dual installer which is about 98MB! shouldn't be more like 47MB? and yet, when I add this via setupcomplete, it doesn't install.

98 MB seems the normal size.
I will also reply to you PM here, so it can benefit to others as well:

Hey, could you send me your dual/silent installer if possible?

I've tried remove/uninstall previous version of Java - nothing works.

Is your dual/silent installer about ~47MB? mine is 95MB

I am wondering what is going on? it's not your script.....the script always worked perfect tho.

Thanks

I meant remove previous versions of the installers in the script folder, not Java itself.
It was to avoid the UPX error, but it seems your error is different.

Anyway, you can try this silent dual SFX I've just made:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/94ak2d3h2wx7l3u/Java_8u60-Dual.exe

98 MB seems the normal size.

I will also reply to you PM here, so it can benefit to others as well:

Hey, could you send me your dual/silent installer if possible?

I've tried remove/uninstall previous version of Java - nothing works.

Is your dual/silent installer about ~47MB? mine is 95MB

I am wondering what is going on? it's not your script.....the script always worked perfect tho.

Thanks

I meant remove previous versions of the installers in the script folder, not Java itself.

It was to avoid the UPX error, but it seems your error is different.

Anyway, you can try this silent dual SFX I've just made:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/94ak2d3h2wx7l3u/Java_8u60-Dual.exe

Of course everything was removed from that folder, but I'll try your installer now and report back. Thanks

Edit:

Same thing - it's not installed.....this is weird.

Edited by dareckibmw

Oracle must have made some changes.

Please try this version, it's a test version I made some time ago, it create an admin install point.

The purpose was to reduce the size of the SFX, but maybe it will also allows install with setupcomplete.

You can also try to use wintoolkit runonce to see if it make a difference.
JAVA-Multi_Maker_2.6-test1.zip

Hi Mooms & dareckibmw,

first of all: I never had problems with Java-Multi-Maker, but I experienced the issue, Mooms is giving an explanation for in post #90.

To the actual:

If I build the dual-installer with Java-Multi-Maker_2.5 the size is ~ 98MB it was so already with Java 8u51);

if I build it with your test-version 2.6 the size is ~ 44 MB!

Both version of the dual-installer works.

Regards, Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

I never had any problems with mooms's script either til last version of java up60 and I always use setupcomplete to add it to my custom win7.

Test1 didn't work. Still nothing in control panel nor programs and futures.

@Thiersee

If you have a time, try to integrate it and see if it works for you.....unless you have already done that.