Java Multi Maker

mooms

Version 3.0 is out:

- Merged the English and French versions
- Now each question change the color of the window
- Custom colors for error and finish messages.
- More languages can be added if it's a popular demand.

There is a little more than the questions: there is also finish messages and dialogs of the SFX

Error messages are left in English for the sake of size and simplicity.

Be aware that we can only use ANSI characters set !

If anyone want to make a translation:

I have attached a template with instructions to make a good translation, please read it carefully.

Once translated, post it back here, I will add it to the script.

template.zip

Yes you got it. Seems OK at first look, only one thing:

The lines ===== are the limit, it's better to not exceed them (better looking for the text).

echo ================================================================================echo            Doriti sa creati o instalare administrativa ?echo.echo    Instalarea administrativa permite o comprimare mai buna, mai ales in cazul instalarii dualeecho        dar luati aminte ca instalarea administrativa x64 nu poate fi creata pe o gazda x86.echo. echo                   - Da, instalare administrativa     - apasa 1 apoi ENTERecho                   - Nu, instalare normala            - apasa 2 apoi ENTERecho ================================================================================

Something like that is better (maybe it can be better formatted):

echo ================================================================================echo            Doriti sa creati o instalare administrativa ?echo.echo     Instalarea administrativa permite o comprimare mai buna,  echo     mai ales in cazul instalarii duale dar luati aminte echo     ca instalarea administrativa x64 nu poate fi creata pe o gazda x86.echo. echo                   - Da, instalare administrativa     - apasa 1 apoi ENTERecho                   - Nu, instalare normala            - apasa 2 apoi ENTERecho ================================================================================

Do you have tried to create & run the four sfx with a gui to see if there is any typo ? (x86/x64/dual/dualadmin)

Once we have more translation available I will make a new test version.

Note to translators: no need to remake the full cmd file, use the provided template.

Very good ianymaty, with only 1 "cosmetic" issue:

you translated lines 265 & 280 too and they are still shown in Romanian, even if I choose English or French.

And thanks a lot, with your translation I saw, wich errors I did for Italian :crying_anim02: !

@mooms

Would be possible to make variable those lines too?

Good job Thiersee, I have overlooked that ! :D

It can be a variable, but the message is very brief, I bet most users will not see it, actually I should update it with something better like:

The latest version found on Oracle Website is:

Or maybe something else ?

Hi mooms.

Tested all scenarios, All is OK.

Reformated what you pointed slightly better for our reading (romanian language) and added some dots at line endings to look better. Maybe you should add them too.

One small notice to the finish line: For Java x86 the line is "Java SE %MAJ% Update %MIN% x86 has been installed" for the others "SE" isn't present. Is that intentional?

template_RO.zip

Hi mooms,

one typo (at least I think it is one) and one question.

Line 529 of the last .cmd-file

echo.      Place it/them in the same directory than this script.

I think it should be "as", didn't it?

The question: I didn't ever use the GUI, I tried it now and I don't understand something

Mooms-Java.jpg

Does it mean, if I need the web-plugin i must use the GUI in the command-line? If yes I would put an hint in the mask, like this

Mooms-Java_1.jpg

I've tried all possibilities in German, now I'm finishing the translation in Italian, then you get the .cmd-file back.

Edit:

is there a possibility to append the language to the installer's name, like Java_8u66-Dual_IT?

Regards, Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

Hi mooms,

I got an error on installing only the x64 version of Java, no matter in which language the installer has been created:

Mooms-Java_2.jpg

it happens after the installer has uninstalled the old version.

Here is my modification of .cmd-file with Italian & German.

I modified the Gui-output to satisfy my hint in the previous post.

Regards, Thiersee

_JAVA_Multi_Maker_3.1b1 - DE-IT.7z

Edited by Thiersee

Hi mooms,

one typo (at least I think it is one) and one question.

Line 529 of the last .cmd-file

echo.      Place it/them in the same directory than this script.

I think it should be "as", didn't it?

I think it is correct, at least when i translate it in French with Google Translate...if a native speaker can help us here, he's welcome!

The question: I didn't ever use the GUI, I tried it now and I don't understand something

Mooms-Java.jpg

Does it mean, if I need the web-plugin i must use the GUI in the command-line? If yes I would put an hint in the mask, like this

Mooms-Java_1.jpg

Because Web plugins are plagued with many vulnerabilities, I choose to never install them by default.

I think the text is rather clear, but I let your translations as-is.

is there a possibility to append the language to the installer's name, like Java_8u66-Dual_IT?

I prefer to keep the names as short as possible.

If you want to modify it, it's really easy, just add _%lng% at the end of the file names in the script.

I got an error on installing only the x64 version of Java, no matter in which language the installer has been created:

Mooms-Java_2.jpg

it happens after the installer has uninstalled the old version.

Found the bug, it's corrected. Thank you.

Here is my modification of .cmd-file with Italian & German.

I modified the Gui-output to satisfy my hint in the previous post.

Thanks, I added German & Italian.

But I prefer to have only the template file, it's easier for me to make the edit needed.

Here is the new version, 3.1 beta 2

- Corrected the bug with x64 admin install in 3.1 beta 1

- Optimized again the script to take less space

- Added German and Italian.

@Everybody:, please try a maximum of combinations corresponding to your language.

_JAVA_Multi_Maker_3.1b2.cmd.zip

But I prefer to have only the template file, it's easier for me to make the edit needed.

Sorry, I saw you hint to late....

If you want to modify it, it's really easy, just add _%lng% at the end of the file names in the script.

It was my intention, but I did not found the right place...

@Everybody:, please try a maximum of combinations corresponding to your language.

Only create the installer or install it too?

Regards, Thiersee

It was my intention, but I did not found the right place...

At the end of the lines 218, 235, and 254. "Java_%JAVAVER%-x86_%lng%.exe" for x86.

Only create the installer or install it too?

At least create the installers (GUI versions) and see if the first dialog box is OK. No changes are made until you press OK.

But a complete test is preferred, to check all dialog boxes and to ensure the install is fine.

Install part *should* be OK now, but a single typo can lead to failed install.

I can't verify all the scenarios in all languages, this is why I ask to everybody to test with the language they understand.

At the end of the lines 218, 235, and 254. "Java_%JAVAVER%-x86_%lng%.exe" for x86.

Thank you, I found it and it works.

Thiersee

Edit:

I forgot a question:

Is it possible to translate the two buttons "OK" and "Cancel" in the GUI or are  they fixed by Windows?

Edited by Thiersee

• 3 months later...

It's no longer a MSI inside an exe, it's a MSI inside an exe inside an exe (and still packed with UPX for x86....)
Also, Oracle have added back the infamous sunjavaupdatescheduler autostart entry...

Here is a beta version, it have room for improvements, but should works fine.
Please test & report.

JAVA-Multi_Maker_3.2b1.zip