[Solved] Language not integrated

ianymaty

On Windows 7 Ultimate Romanian x86/x64 base the English language is not integrated at all. The language is added and recognized in the list but not integrated.

This is with build 1.4.30.4. I don't know old this thing happen or which version works right.

3omy.png

lvdc.png

cjwv.png

hdyr.png

Just a question: why are you trying to integrate the english pack into a romanian image, and not the romanian pack into an english ''regular'' version? Maybe it's a DISM error...

In romanian: Salut! E vreun avantaj in ce vrei tu sa faci, respectiv sa integrazi language pack-ul de engleza in iso-ul ''roman'', in loc sa faci invers? Mai degraba ce patesti tu e o eroare de la Microsoft (sau din DISM), eu oricum nu folosesc niciodata language pack, nici pentru cunoscuti / clienti, deci nu stiu exact cum e mai bine, incerc doar sa inteleg de ce faci asta. :)

@ Rica: this is the image I was testing on and it should work as it is original Microsoft image and as you can see the other languages integrated fine, the problem was the English pack.

In romanian answer: Salut. Nu cred ca e vreun avantaj intr-un sens sau altul. Pur si simplu am la dispozitie o imagine si adaug orice pachet de limba de care cred ca o sa am nevoie. Nu ar trebui sa fie nici o eroare pentru ca poti efectiv sa inlocuiesti limba din imagine adaugand una care o vrei si stergand prima limba cu care a venit imaginea. Asa a gandit Microsoft. Probabil ca la origine e imaginea en-us pe care Microsoft a convertit-o in toate limbile individual insa a lansat si limbile separat. pentru instalare ulterioara. Avand in vedere ca pot fi integrate in imagine ca si actualizare e un bonus. Bineinteles ca asta mai ocupa si spatiu dupa instalare pentru ca le ai la dispozitie si le poti schimba din control panel (doar la Ultimate) ca la un telefon, dar baniuesc ca stii deja asta. Eu am nevoie de cateva limbi pentru ca am mai multe cerinte: un frate in Germania, o sora in Austria, mama unguroaica, un prieten in Italia care toti la rândul lor mai au prieteni daca ma intelegi...

@ Lego: I didn't tested the install, just what I saw in the integrated list but as I said it just quicly goes to save the image. Don't know if it has the time to actual integrate the language comparing the time that it spends on the English pack to the other languages that it integrates.

Yes, as it shows the other languages it should show the English too on the integrated.

I'll wait for a test build with this fixed and i'll test it again with the install in VM too.

Tested with 1.4.32.1, now the Integrate tab don't show any language added.

5mu7.png

jlfw.png

Tested the result in VM

z40n.png

5j59.png

If select English to install in the process of install it errors

cp1p.png

Other languages seems OK integrated (only tested romanian and hungarian)

In the end when other language is used as the install the English is missing from control panel.

lodo.png

So the English is only integrated in the first part.

Hope all this info helps fixing this.

After multiple tests with previous builds that I kept (137 files by now) I finally narrowed down the last build that integrates the English pack OK in this scenario.

The last build that works from my collection is: 1.4.1.11, than my collection jumps to 1.4.1.13_Test1. 

I don't have any builds between those mentioned so I can't help you more but the bug seems to begin sometime than.

Hope this follow-up helps nailing this bug.

The current test build 1.4.33.3 behaves as in the post above.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...