[Solved] Big bugs in beta 1.4.30.3

RicaNeaga

Made my usual x86 build, with either beta 1.4.30.3 or 1.4.29 stable (I had them both on the desktop, can't remember, sorry).

But I'm sure these are replicable on either of them, even the latest 1.4.30.5.

See attached, now with the newest RunOnce I also have problems in a x86 build with ricktendo's VBC AIO installer (usual /y switch), and now also with Kel's Runtimes installer (never had such problems before) - no switch, silent by default.

Please test them both yourself, Lego, and most importantly on x64 (I'm very very sure VBC AIO will give at least 4 errors, as usual). And this errors have nothing to do with the installers, they install just fine on a live system.

post-25565-0-12364800-1390046065_thumb.p

post-25565-0-09721200-1390046066_thumb.p

The first one with kel's runtimes is still present in a x64 build, via latest 1.4.30 beta 9. See attached. So it's safe to say it can be present in both x86 and x64 builds.

''Curiously'', although I expected it, ricktendo's VBC AIO was ok on x64. So maybe you changed something regarding the 7z SFX, as in older build it was the othe way around, it was ok in x86 and wasn't in x64 builds. Now it's ok in x64 and it isn't in x86.

So please, alongside kel's runtimes, please also try in the same build also ricktendo's VBC+ installer (the smaller one, with the usual /y switch), but most importantly try it on a x86 build!!!

post-25565-0-66365100-1390142557_thumb.p

Sorry, but I don't thin it can be done... quote from your link...

To enable verbose logging, rerun the setup with the following command line syntax:

The error appears only during Win Toolkit's RunOnce, and it's not replicable on a live system, so how can I run the setup again??? :(

This sounds intteresting from here... via Google of course...

Firstly, please ensure the account has enough permission to push the agent to the problematic computer.

So this somehow has a resemblance to the other error, that states: ''The existing file is marked as read-only''. However, the user is already administrator, as you can see from the tweaks, so maybe you need to somehow make sure that full administrator privileges are given to the RunOnce ''activities''. Or smth like that, just trying to help :)

Can confirm that the read-only bug was fixed in beta 3. However the other two weren't, as you can see attached. :(

Going to post soon all the info presets logs etc in another post.

Offtopic: btw, 150kb maximum upload size for ALL attachements to a post. Really? :( I'm forced to make another post to add something else... :(

post-25565-0-10783500-1390514627_thumb.p

post-25565-0-25258000-1390514632_thumb.p

here are the logs. attached.

don't think it has smth to do with when is installed, although I used to think that myself. But I'll re-test it with it at the begginning for 11 ponts :D Really, don't see the need for it, but only if you insist after also reading below...

Please take into account that now, after your rework of RunOnce, ricktendo's vbc++ aio installer is giving this error on x86 builds, and it doesn't on x64 builds. With the old RunOnce (build WinToolkit141-27, from summer 2013) the same installer doesn't give any error on x86 builds, but does give errors on x64 builds, so it's the other way around / viceversa.

I remember this errors started to pop up in Win Toolkit after ricktendo changed its 7z SFX to the latest version. So please re-check everything related to 7z and 7z SFX in your app. I also remember you had some other nasty errors pop up when some x64 versions were used / made your app call 7z from the host system, although not everybody has that unarchiving app. Just walking the memory lane, maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. :)

logs.7z

Does the error happen if you integrate it at the top instead of towards the bottom? Quick question. When you said it worked when you ran RunOnce manually... Had the VM been restarted?

Also when the error appears can you press ctrl + shift + esc for task manager. File > New task > regedit.exe

Please look for:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\ComponentDetect\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.0.0_none_801f9b67bc08bc01

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80 & vc90 entries…

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80 & vc90 entries

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\WINNER\Components\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80 & vc90 entries.

Also run services.msc and check if 'Windows Module Installer' is running :)

I've never ran RunOnce manually, all installers are installed automatically. And I don't understand the part about restarting the VM - if I restart the VM of course the problems won't appear, but also RunOnce won't start again utomaticaly   :(

all your other requests below, in the spoiler. To get the reg entries, I ran windows install again from the latest iso (x86 win 7 HP), in VM.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\ComponentDetect\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.0.0_none_801f9b67bc08bc01

Doesn't exist!!! or other ~ ''x86_policy'' named reg entries in the subfolder!!!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\WINNER  DOESN'T EXIST ALSO!!!

for the others, see attached. I also verified when the second error appeared, and I saved those reg entries again, but they're probably the same - in attachement, 1.reg is the same as 11.reg, 2 the same as 22.... 5 the same as 55

Also, Windown Module Installer is set to Automatic and is running

Right now the installer, as you can see from the presets I've uploaded earlier, is always ~ at the end of the queue of installers. I'll make another build with it at the very beginning and report back, but I really think I'm wasting my time.

logs+reg_entries.7z

You were right!!! I tried a build with ricktendo's installer first in the silent installer list. Making this installer the first one in the silent installer queue makes the errors go away (I think everything is also ok afterwards, as VC2005 and 2008 appear installed in control panel after the install process is complete).

So the errors appear only during the presence of Win Toolkit's Runonce interface. So please find out why.

Also now I get another errors, many, not caused by Win Toolkit, but because some files from kel's installer are older than the ones in ricktendo's. Maybe a fix for these (see attached - posted only one, I had many similar pop-up) won't hurt, smth like a rule, when an older file tries to overwrite a newer file to always keep the newer one :)

post-25565-0-87995900-1390582076_thumb.j

Edited by RicaNeaga

Explains why I don't get the error.

Maybe a fix for these (see attached - posted only one, I had many similar pop-up) won't hurt, smth like a rule, when an older file tries to overwrite a newer file to always keep the newer one :)

That's out of my control. The best thing to do is to notify Kels and Rick about the situation.

Me best bet about the previous errors is that something which installed before them needed to the computer to restart.