[Solved] Big bugs in beta 1.4.30.3

RicaNeaga

Then maybe the NSIS error is somehow also related to this. Can't something be done to fully supress the ''need'' for restarting of any app, so interactions with your Win Toolkit's interface / errors like those above won't appear again?

In my case I think I'l always put in the integration queue kel's installer first, and then ricktendo's AIO, so hopefully no error would appear.

Yeah, just tested, if kel's installer is first, and then ricktendo's VBC++, then no error appears.

But another thought - why the above discussed bug happens only for a x86 build, and not also for a x64 build? Again, with older builds it was the other way around, no bugs with x86, but 4 bugs with x64 (again, only for 2005 and 2008). Very weird issues and I still think has something to do with an architecture related glitch somewhere in RunOnce's code.

@RN, I would think it is just a case of timing and interaction between some of the runtimes, which includes .NET, and some of the other RunOnce items which depend on them being in place.  It is sometimes the installer of the app which utilizes the runtime, and sometimes it is the app itself.  Some of the repacked or slimmed  apps, such as some of Rick's, strip out runtimes which the full installers include, which is why runtimes should always be the first RunOnce items installed.  I would also think that this situation can vary based on architecture.  While I suppose that it is possible that there is something in Win Toolkit's RunOnce code that has an architecture related glitch, I would think it is more likely that it is something in MS's installer code or that of the individual apps themselves.  Just my opinion.

Cheers and Regards

I don't know why wintoolkit runonce window shows during my setup complete cmd phase($OEM$). I never add anything in wintoolkit runonce section. After pin pointing the switchless installer that triggers it(dxrtfull - made using bphlpt script), I also get a NSIS error. The NSIS error started w build 1.4.30 & after. I never had that problem w/ build 1.4.1.27.

I don't know why wintoolkit runonce window shows during my setup complete cmd phase($OEM$). I never add anything in wintoolkit runonce section. After pin pointing the switchless installer that triggers it(dxrtfull - made using bphlpt script), I also get a NSIS error. The NSIS error started w build 1.4.30 & after. I never had that problem w/ build 1.4.1.27.

Assuming you are talking about installing DirectX by means of an installer you made using DXCB - DirectX file Collector and addon Builder, could you please clarify the situation?  The silent installer made using DXCB will have nothing at all to do with NSIS in any way.

As to RunOnce vs the "setup complete cmd phase", to show my ignorance about OS install details, aren't those essentially the same thing, just two different ways to initiate it?  Sorry to ask such a noob question.

Cheers and Regards

It's ~ solved, in the sense that if I move the VBC++ AIO installer to the top, and it installs during first logon BEFORE Runonce's interface shows, then everything it's ok.

Since you cannot reproduce it, then maybe it also has something to do with my build, so until smth else will happen, you can close the thread :)