New Design v1.4.30

Legolash2o

In the latest test there is a new interface for the main form. The current one in v1.4.29 feels a bit outdated and has a lot of empty space so I thought I would redesign it. The new interface now looks more sleek and much more modern. Downloads and Tools have their own menu which allowed me to add a few more things. New icons, new layout, and just a new feel in general.

Welcome

I've removed the welcome tab and have made it a popup which will appear on the first load of WinToolkit. I've also made some changes to allow users access to guides and so on on that screen.

Main

You will see less tab pages but you will still see the Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Updates sections. They have been made a bit bigger to fill in the white space but all I have to do is have more descriptions.

post-10183-0-53251700-1390308434_thumb.p

Tools and Downloads

The tabs which have all the tools and Downloads have been moved to their own menus. This allowed me to add more links now and also in the future. Each item has a tooltip so you can get an idea of what each one does.

post-10183-0-60696100-1390308444_thumb.p

post-10183-0-87883200-1390308428_thumb.p

Menu

Check for updates, links to blogs and the change log have been moved to the Info menu. This helps reduce clutter.

post-10183-0-74513700-1390308439_thumb.p

Any Questions?

One I think important suggestion: please remove the .net 4 addon by ricktendo link, and keep only the 4.5.1 one. Windows 7 NEEDS 4.5.1 one, .net 4 is included, some may think they need to integrate / install both :)

Also, one (small) bug - sorry for not making a separate thread), but if I press downloads - Windows ISO from the new interface, and then I close the new screen with the isos, the app freezes (the process still runs in the background, and I cannot open a new instance of Win Toolkit). :)

Update: Fixed in test 14.

Edited by Legolash2o
Added update.

I like the new interface :) And yes, that interface bug was fixed :)

Also another suggestion: Downloads - Integration - Gadgets: because Microsoft gave up gadgets altogether (see KB2719662), you can either remove that link entirely, or make it link that KB that via its fixit disables Gadgets in windows 7.

btw: these samll bug notices count for the contest, right? :D lol :D

hello!

i liked new design except one moment. In BASIC 3rd item must be ISO maker. offering everytime download any isos is useless.

I integrating very often and rebuilding iso too so i have to do additional movements to do the same which was very fast and easy in previous versions of WT.

Edited by adminxp

@RN, I know MS has given up on gadgets, they want to push folks to Win8 "Metro" apps that they have to buy through the Store after all, But I thought some folks like to use them.  And aren't they still unofficially offered for free?  (I don't use them so I'm just talking out of my ear.)  If so, then I think the gadgets links should remain.  But if I understand you right that KB2719662 disables gadgets from working, then I agree with you that there should be a link in the gadgets section warning folks that they shouldn't use that update if they want to use gadgets. Unless I'm totally confused, of course. :)

Cheers and Regards

Yeah, agree with adminxp, ISO maker and USB Boot Prep tools shouldn't be so hidden in the new interface, here's my suggestion:

Right now there are 4 main tabs - Basic / Intermediate / Advanced / Updates, maybe it's better there are 5 such tabs:

Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Updates, ISO / USB Prep

The last one (ISO / USB Prep) would include ''ISO Maker'' and ''USB Boot Prep'' tools.

What do you think? :)

LE: @bphlpt - about KB2719662: It's not exactly a hotfix, it's a fixit .msi, but yeah, maybe both should be in there somehow, the warning that Microsoft recommends gadgets to be disabled, and also a free gadgets ''marketplace'' alternative. 

Edited by RicaNeaga

I like the new interface :) And yes, that interface bug was fixed :)

Also another suggestion: Downloads - Integration - Gadgets: because Microsoft gave up gadgets altogether (see KB2719662), you can either remove that link entirely, or make it link that KB that via its fixit disables Gadgets in windows 7.

btw: these samll bug notices count for the contest, right? :D lol :D

The great thing about the menu stuff is that I can add Gadgets #1, Gadgets #2, etc.. links. So if anyone has any great wallpaper, theme pack links or whatever I can add just let me know.

hello!

i liked new design except one moment. In BASIC 3rd item must be ISO maker. offering everytime download any isos is useless.

I integrating very often and rebuilding iso too so i have to do additional movements to do the same which was very fast and easy in previous versions of WT.

I will remove Windows ISOs from Basic and have USB Boot Prep and ISO Maker in basic.

Hey,

For first, i have to settle down my hut, for create a new modern gui. :)
Have you helping hands? Im wondering how quick in creating new gui and new icons so good. Great work, respect!

But, for sure, i report just my view of it and no facts: Unfortunately I have a bit criticism about it. :(
I no realy know about this new 2 Way-System, its remember a bit at Windows 8: The try to combine differents parts.
Tools of same subjects are now split and i have to search for it, links or submenus i cannot see different and it looks unbalanced.
Now exist also big empty spaces and in submenus are too much to find, its hard to handle..
Logical wrong orders and the download submenu looks like adwared...

Please see it not as bad talk, its just how i think about.
If you really want i can create a preview-picture of my suggestions.

@RicaNeaga // .NET 4.0
I remember a article of Windows-Info-Webpage (unfortunately i dont more find), where Microsoft self explain, thats unsure if u really need the 4.5.1 for all. In one view its 4.5.1 an update/upgrade for all other .NETs. So normally apps writed with any runtime need just the latest. Otherway it exist apps they also need a older one. Win8 have still .NET 3.5 for exactly this situation. Win7 have 4.0, and i dont know, whats about the 4.0 Updates? Example me want updates also for 4.0, not just 4.5. Know anybody apps they realy need 4 or earler ones? Or can i do only 4.51 over all in Win7/8 and end? So if need, may better so keep ricks fantastic 4.0 mega pack as linked in WTK.

Please dont attack me, and greez. :)

Okay i try new:

Exist elemental differences between 4.0 and 4.5 like between 2.0 and 4.0?

So 4.5.1 is an "hard update" for 4.0 for Win6/7 or a own build?

Im not sure about this buildnumber-policy from Microsoft. :)

So what 7 or 8 realy need for running ALL .NET writed applications?

Update:

Example: I have a app written in 4.0 (or what s about 3.5?)

So, can i delete 4.0 from Image and install ricks 4.5.1, and the application runs without errors?

If its not -> i think its better to keep 4.0 link in WTK, cuz its need (for some).

Edited by BrokenZer0

@BrokenZer0

What part of 4.5.1 includes 4.0 don't you understand? :D

See attached how the install folder of a windows 7 with 4.5.1 ONLY installed (via ricktendo's 4.5.1 installer) but WITHOUT any 4.0 installer integrated. Maybe the folder named 4.0.30319 will convince you... :)

post-25565-0-78367400-1390319666_thumb.p

@RicaNeaga
Okay u won. :D

Nice one, thats looks great and so should it to be.
Strange, i dont understand then the text from Microsoft....
Really there was written, that sometimes apps need a older version.
And whats about the 3.5 in Win8 ?!?

So, 4.0 Installer was for XP only users?
Okay then its realy time for remove the link.
What a shame for me, i allways have both installer used.
Now i can delete the other one. :)

@Legolash2o
Okay, i work it now, take a while.. :)
I try to make a short/boned one.

Edited by BrokenZer0

So im done with creating, needed more time i was thinking.

Here, iv recreate the design, its like the original 1.4.29 but a more compresses and reorganized:

Self-explainated i think:

Zer0 GUI Alpha 3:

Main + Start

m1o6awyi5p1u.jpg

Advance

m2yzeogu0ms7.jpg

Extras

m39ts6ux8pim.jpg

Addons

m4ke1mx4nv3y.jpg

Downloads

m5pokrctd609.jpg

Settings

m6ok7s6b3f0l.jpg

Updated main:

m13vq6oxpsu7z.jpg

Notes:

- One Window (no popup, exclude donating atm)

- Standard loaded is start-tab

- WHD should include lang packs, custom lists (rica n co), office, and ofcs win iso may

- May WIM Manager also include splitt n merge smw may

- U can see, the text of ATM build, can easy kompress, so it can include 6 instead 3 buttons.

- WTK should check to begin for update, if -> update popup, else nothing

Sure, its Alpha, just convert idea to bone-frame. :)

What u think?

PS: May Downloads before Addons, idk.

Update:

Update Main-Window

Update:

Update Main-Window again

Edited by BrokenZer0

Great more intuitive and organised!

Just a few things:

1) separate the changelog into its own from about or rename it About/Chnagelog

2) maybe under advanced have and additional one called integrator, for people who want to do things separately.

3) Windows iso should be under downloads only rather than basic also because you already mention it in the welcome screen, for most people they would only be downloading the iso's once (nvm so the latest beta)

4) On the welcome screen it talks about the win 7 iso specifically but on clicking you have things about windows 8/8.1 too, so maybe change it to "windows iso's"

5) The exclusive iso page the download button, should be the iso instead so like "Windows 7 Sp1" so if you have multiple you'd have "Windows 8.0" "Windows 8.1" etc

6) AIO integrator tool tip "Have everything pre installed next time you reinstall your windows" and the new line " This tool lets you integrate:"

7) USB Prep tooltip should say " Save your Dvds, install via Usb instead, This will prepare your Usb or memory card to allow installation of windows from it."

8) also i think that audio ad causes the following (picture) to pop up

Also curious is there a reason why the AIO integrator component remover can't scan the iso and display things like the separate component remover?

post-3930-0-75884400-1390341279_thumb.pn

Edited by spidernz

Mild layout suggestion:

I personally think for congruity and appearance that you should reorganize the tabs a bit.

Here is why

You have a couple of tabs that just open browsers

Info at the far right seems really out of place and when you click on it the drop down menu goes past the border of the toolkit.

I think you should move info to the left right after (or before) instructions. That way all of the parts of the toolkit take up the same amount of real estate and personally looks much cleaner.